This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 FR - AT Isolation play.

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $9.40
      Hero:
      $10.96

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , T:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) A:diamond: , 4:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.95, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 raises to $9.00 (All-In), Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($18.95) J:spade:
      River: ($18.95) J:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $18.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ac Th)
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (7d 6d)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (7d 6d)

How is my line here? I raise pre flop to try and isolate and would have folded to any 3-bet. On the flop I figure he doesn't have TT or AA and with top two I am ahead of everything except 44.
  • 3 replies
    • Rauno9
      Rauno9
      Bronze
      I think he would call with any ace PF since is VPIP is kinda big but then again very we have few hand samples but he seems bad player. I would be afraid of TT and not so much of 44 little bit of and flushdraw. But then again im beginner player. Lets see what better players have to say.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      I am currently playing without stats up but I figured since he limped he didn't have a strong hand. We can exclude the top hands because he didn't raise and we can miss off anything complete trash because he limped in a fairly early position.
      I thought pre-flop he might have:
      - Any low pair (22-99)
      - Any ace except AK and maybe not AQ.
      - Any two broadway - not pairs.
      - Any suited connectors or even suited gappers.

On the flop he bets out which probably suggests he has connected in someway. Taking his range down to.
      - 44 (possibly other pairs that are getting aggressive)
      - Any ace.
      - Any two diamonds.

Now against every ace I am ahead. And against any two diamonds I want to raise it up to protect. The only hand that is actually ahead of me is 44.
      I basically just wanted the money to go in as fast as possible.

The big re-raise after my bet I guess cuts his range down to:
      - 44. (I am way behind - 16%)
      - Decent Aces (A9+) (I am way ahead - 85%)
      - Two diamonds semi-bluffing (possibly with gutshot). (I am ahead - 60%/70%)

With such a big range that I am ahead of and only the 4's behind I think I am ok?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You are right, yxou are a big favourite against his range. I play it the very same way! nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar