5 card stud?

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Anyone know about this game.. I really enjoy it and at the stakes I play at I have such a big edge over the other players. Just wondering since we start with 2 cards and are only drawing 3 more cards does the value of a pair become very high? When I have a pair rolled up I usually just bet on all streets unless someone shows a pair or if someone starts reraising me. Most of the players dont think I am holding it so they will often think their A high is good which gives me alot of value. Also is drawing to straights and flushes just a bad idea.. because one bad card just forces you to fold. I just play overcards and pairs mostly because I feel they have the most value ( i think about this game like holdem since we start with 2 cards and only hold 5 cards)
  • 2 replies
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, pair is like the nuts in this game. Don't draw to straights or flushes (straight flush as an exception) unless you are in a huge pot with passive players. Hands with ace are raise worthy (especially with a high live card, such as K), but be careful of the opponent's boards - player getting KQJ might have a better kicker for his ace than you do, for example. Protect your hands, but don't go broke with your ace.

Any pair higher than the opponent's board cards is always ahead. You should pretty much play it straightforward, since most people don't give you enough credit. This game is pretty easy, but variance tends to be high as people do catch up against single low pair.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Thanks for your oppinon.