Not Possible in US?

• ewalsh420
      ewalsh420
      Global
      Sadly, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question. But is there any way for me to receive a starting capital though I live in the US. Hopefully there is some method that someone can inform me of? I have been succeeding in play money tables and would like to try out real money tables.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 7 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You can't get starting capital.

But you can still deposit your own money on a site, where U.S. players are allowed, so you can earn StrategyPoints, get higher rank (bronze, silver,...). You can read articles then, watch movies, etc,...
    • ewalsh420
      ewalsh420
      Global
      Yea that's how I thought it was. Is this a permanent thing or is it going to be changed some time in the future? I'd rather not play real money tables for the first time and risk losing my own money (Don't want to sound greedy, but it's true) but I guess I will if it's permanent.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Who knows, with Obama the UIGEA might be overturned. We'll have to wait and see!

Ewalsh is there some way I can contact you?
    • ewalsh420
      ewalsh420
      Global
      What do you mean? I mean you could send me a message on this site or email me (ewalsh420@gmail.com). Either way is fine.
    • ewalsh420
      ewalsh420
      Global
      Dadude, I don't know if your reading this post but when I tried to respond to your e-mail I received one back saying delivery failed. I tried sending another on my alternate e-mail which also didn't work. Is there another way to contact/e-mail you?
    • yshikllr
      yshikllr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      You can't get starting capital.

But you can still deposit your own money on a site, where U.S. players are allowed, so you can earn StrategyPoints, get higher rank (bronze, silver,...). You can read articles then, watch movies, etc,...
      okay so I am in the US.... how do we earn strategy points and go up in higher rank then? In other words, how will our points from the poker sites translate to StrategyPoints on this site? I am stuck in even trying to become bronze on here because I can't register myself as being in the US.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      You can open a new account at a poker site through Pokerstrategy, get it tracked etc so you can earn strategypoints just like any other member here - the only difference is that pokerstrategy wont give you the starting capital. You will have to fund the account yourself.