[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA against caller.

• Rauno9
      Rauno9
      Bronze
      Is this play OK? I guessed he was on flushdraw but was not sure. Bet on the river didnt seem nessesary or should I bet?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.20
      MP3:
      $1.94
      CO:
      $7.25
      BU:
      $10.08
      Player sitout:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $9.90
      BB:
      $14.07
      UTG2:
      $10.25
      MP1:
      $5.30

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      4 folds, CO calls, BU calls, Hero raises to $0.55, BB folds, CO calls, BU folds.

Flop: (28.00 SB) 5, T, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls.

Turn: (34.00 BB) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, CO calls.

River: (72.00 BB) K (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 72.00 BB.
  • 7 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I'm not sure because of the pot size being in BB and your bet being in $ but I think on the flop you are giving odds to anyone with a flush draw.

If the flop is 28 BB = 28 x $0.1 = $2.80 then betting $1 is giving him $1:$3.80
      And his chance of hitting a flush is more like 1:3 (perhaps 1:4 if he assumes he has to hit it on the turn as he should but most players overlook this)

So if he is on the flush draw you are actually giving him the odds to call?

Regardless of that I think I would bet again on the river. The king doesn't complete any draws and if he was holding over cards has actually given him a reason to call with a worse hand.

The hands that beat you are: 22, 55, Tx, KK.
      - I think 22, 55, Tx would have re-raised either the flop bet or the turn bet so I think they are unlikely.
      - KK I am fairly sure would've raised at some point preflop or on the flop.

So I think we are ahead here. Plenty of worse hands would call a decent bet. Especially since his line all along has been that of a fairly weak calling station like player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: Raise to $0.60 or you also could raise a bit bigger because of being out of position.
      Flop: You can bet here a bit more, near pot.
      Turn: Bet more, near pot.
      River: You can go here for check/call but also it wouldn't be wrong if you bet smallish and fold to a bigger raise.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Grats veriz, you judge-you! :D Now I can't disagree with you anymore, even if I wanted to. :tongue:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thnx :P btw you can :) nobody is perfect :P we all do mistakes.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I don't understand why we are playing as if we are behind on the river?
    • Rauno9
      Rauno9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      I don't understand why we are playing as if we are behind on the river?
      There is no point to bet in my opinion. If he missed a flush its good but since he called bets for flushdraw I tought maybe I am behind. I figure he would be folding anyway if he had only flushdraw but maybe Im wrong.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet value on the river, cc line is also fine, but he could have some Kx or hearts or just calling station and would call with any pair to your river bet.

He should raise on the turn with trips or better hand, so you´re likely ahead and get value with your good hands.