[NL2-NL10] NL5 tricky hand

• adtid
      adtid
      Bronze
      This was a tricky spot for me in a NL5 game on FullTilt. I didnt even see the beginning of the hand and I pressed check/fold with my hand qj off. The reason why I even was in the hand was because I had posted, it was the first hand of the session. Look what happened

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      SB:
      $9.15
      BB:
      $6.06
      UTG1:
      $4.80
      UTG2:
      $1.64
      MP1:
      $5.88
      MP2:
      $5.15
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $4.78

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, J.
      Hero posts deadblind, MP3 posts deadblind, UTG1 calls, UTG2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 checks, Hero checks, BU calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J, T, Q (7 players)
      SB bets $0.35, BB folds, UTG1 folds, UTG2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls.

Turn: (47.00 BB) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.35, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: 47.00 BB.

Results follow:

SB shows a flush, king high (Q K)
      SB wins with a flush, king high (Q K).

any comments on this?
      I knew that a re-reraise from him on the flop or a big bet on the turn would mean a flush or a straight. And when the diamond came I didnt really see a call anywhere :diamond:

Do you think that my reraise on the flop is too loose?
  • 2 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      With 7 limpers to the flop it seems fairly likely that someone has either the A or K of diamonds (giving them a flush draw + gutshot) or that someone already has a flush.

I think I would play this hand as if I am behind with 4 outs for a full house. Which probably means despite two pair on the flop. I would have to fold.

As played on the flop the turn is a definite fold. The only way someone would bet on that flop is if they had at least one diamond (or possibly a set though with no raises pre this is unlikely) so now we are definitely only on a full house draw.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I like the way you played it and would play myself this way. nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar