[NL20-NL50] NL25 fish go deep...63s

• ethanrox
      ethanrox
      Bronze
      I called the hand preflop because of the massive implied odds I gave myself vs this..."player". The pot bet on the flop and river looked like strong queens, overpairs, maybe top two or sets...
      Is the shove ok or a small raise?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $65.45
      Hero:
      $78.39
      CO:
      $51.18

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:heart: , 3:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.90) Q:heart: , J:heart: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90, CO folds.

Turn: ($5.70) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.70, Hero calls $5.70.

River: ($17.10) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $17.10, Hero raises to $70.29 (All-In), MP2 calls $40.25 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $131.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (6h 3h)
      MP2 shows a flush, queen high (Th 9h)

MP2 wins with a flush, queen high (Th 9h)
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I would never limp trash against these fish. Playing badly and winning is their game, I can never compete on their terms.

Given you entered the pot with this, the flop is a wet dream.

I would raise instantly, because you have a weak flush. Any higher heart with pairs or draws would call, but you don't want any more hearts to drop on the board.

Whether or not you go broke is up to you. You are awfully deep.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Problem with 63s that he also has very bad implied odds if you should hit flush over flush.
      I prefer fold pf, but if you called, then I´d likely raise on the flop, if he 3-bets I would not go all-in, but likely call flop 3-bet, call turn and likely call river.
      As played: when player leads pot you on every street,´they usually don´t do that with overpair or top pair, so I would put him on very strong hand: two pair+ and consider that you´re that deep I would just call river, if you decide to raise then shove is fine.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      [X] hit backdoor straightdraw<Flush :D

I would raise and go broke probably on flop, on this drawy board villain is trying to protect his hand from any hearts. So he would go AI with 2-pair+ I think, so I 4-bet shove probably on flop if he 3-bet, but calling 3-bet is okay too, I think.