Prop bet. NL VS LIMIT

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      The Bet.

Both players must play an equal number of hands. Player A must play nothing but NLHE. Player B must play nothing but LHE.

The bet is to see which player will be more profitable over the set number of hands playing their game of choice. Both players will play on the same site at roughly the same time. Results will be recorded with PokerTracker or a similar program.

What we're trying to work out is how to start the bet. The two ideas are:

1. We both start with an identical Bankroll (eg. $40). Using BRM, this would mean that the NLHE player would start on NL2 tables, while the LHE player starts on 10c/20c limit. Is this system fair for both players?

2. The other idea is both players start with a split roll designed for whatever limit we agree on. eg. the NLHE player starts with $40 (roll needed for NL2) while the LHE player starts with $6 (roll needed for the same blinds at limit). we then work out some sort of conversion to determine a winner (as doing it purely off BB/100 gives the edge to the NLHE player)

Any ideas?
  • 14 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Good luck with this one!

My only input is that it must be both start with the same roll, play the same number of hands and the highest BR at the end wins. Which will be the FL player, obviously. :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I like 1st option with the same starting BR more...

I'll play if you motivate me enough ;)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      There was already something like that.Schnibl0r played vs durrrr one table FL one table NL durrrr won 200k more i think :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by StusMagic
      There was already something like that.Schnibl0r played vs durrrr one table FL one table NL durrrr won 200k more i think :)
      these 2 players wouldn't play at the same table.. each one would stick to it's own game if I understand correctly.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      these 2 players wouldn't play at the same table.. each one would stick to it's own game if I understand correctly.
      yes i didnt say its same thing as dur vs schniblor bet i just mentioned it coz its something like this one fixed limit vs no limit
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      50k hands
      100$ start

Something like that?

The results would be interesting.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Yeah, we would be playing our own game over a certain amount of hands.
      We would be starting from the micro limits though.
      Would start with $50 if we started eith same roll.

Should we do a smaller sample size in a week?
      50k seems a bit steep.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      the durrrr vs schnibl0r thing was way too short to give a good result, also durrrr had an edge I believe because of the stakes.

I'll do this if it doesn't take too long and the sidebet is big :D
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Should we do a smaller sample size in a week?
      50k seems a bit steep.
      A bit? I'm playing about 10k monthly :D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      the durrrr vs schnibl0r thing was way too short to give a good result, also durrrr had an edge I believe because of the stakes.

I'll do this if it doesn't take too long and the sidebet is big :D
      Haha, yeah because my roll is $1k and I can afford to do $1000 side bets, hahaha

*******SARCASIM********
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Perhaps somebody else? I'm fairly confident that I can win more if the same amount of hands are played.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'll bet $12 NL wins! 1.2:1, (the .2 goes to the NL player if they win the bet) if a solid NL player takes part
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      I'll bet $12 NL wins! 1.2:1, (the .2 goes to the NL player if they win the bet) if a solid NL player takes part
      you should multiply your bet by 1,000, so someone would do it for $2,000 then ;)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Give me a few hundred k, then i'll bet 12k lol