[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA Bigger turnbet

• Menel
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:heart:
      CO calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, CO calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) 6:club: , 9:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,40, CO calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,26) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,04, CO calls $1,04.

River: ($3,34) T:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1,18 (All-In), Hero calls $1,18.

Final Pot: $5,70

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and threes (As Ah)
      CO shows a full-house, sixes full of threes (6d 6h)

CO wins with a full-house, sixes full of threes (6d 6h)

Was my turn bet to small?
  • 5 replies
    • Smileyphil
      I'm thinking the turn bet was ok.

Either he has a made hand: (Set, Two Pair or Pair)
      - In this case since he called on the flop I believe he will often call/push on the turn as well and realistically the chips are going to go in since he is middle stacked.

Or he has a drawing hand: (Straight draw or Flush draw)
      - You have given him bad odds on the flop and are now giving him poor odds on the turn. If he calls the turn he has more than half his stack in the middle and would probably be committed. If he has got this far he has already made several mistakes.

I'm thinking best to keep turn bet around that size so that weak one pair hands (A9, A6, Lower Pairs) are inclined to call whereas a higher bet might cause several hands that are behind to fold.

We shall see what the judges think :)
    • TheBrood

Maybe when you have more hands played with this guy, you can see that he has you beat on the river because hes passive
    • Menel
      Actully i was almost 100% sure i was beat on the river, but for half pot i didnt find a fold, i thought the info of his hand was worth the money. Was this wrong?
    • Fongie
      I fold river here. It looks like a blatant flush, although it wasnt (DONT POST RESULTS), you're still beat.

I'd rather keep my 1 dollar instead of calling to find out the obvious :P alright maybe not so obvious, but pretty much imo
    • TribunCaesar
      nh! flop and turn are standard and for the odds you get, you can't fold by the river.

Best regards,