[NL2-NL10] NL 10 FR - AT steal TPTK.

• Smileyphil
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 2:club: , T:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.90) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($4.30) J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.30

I always find TPTK hard to play. Is this a sensible line or should I have folded turn? Could I have considered a value/bluff on the river?

I wonder about fold preflop as well. I thought decent steal though because 3/4 are SSS so if they come in we fold and most of the time they won't.

Edit: Just noticed the SB's stats. vp$ip of 29 and AF of 0.8. Suggests he has connected in someway. I guess I should check/fold turn?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Flop: Raise to 1.5 or so. Fold to a big 4bet against this guy imo, because he will go into callstation mode with KT or w/e he's playing after you raise. You really need to raise here to have an idea of where you stand, this is why calling is bad.

If you haven't folded the flop already, then bet bet for value, consider folding if a big raise comes on the club river. :)
    • veriz
      Preflop: OK
      Flop: You could raise him here and protect your TPTK from flush, he could fold here or if he reraises you then you can safely fold.
      Turn: If he bets again here, then I would prefer to fold according to his AF. You could also call once and revalue river, wouldn't be a that big mistake. For example if you knew that he is betting with flushdraw.
      River: Definitely Check/Fold.