[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr - JJ from Utg, 3bet by MP2

• PidKoker
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J:club: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.85, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $2.50, 5 folds, Hero calls $1.65.

Flop: ($5.35) 9:spade: , 3:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.85) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($11.85) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $6.75, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.85

So I put him on something like QQ+ or AK MAYBE AQs.. i had been really active the last few hands as I had premuim starting hands.

I made the mistake of just calling should I have raised the Flop in order to get a sense of what hes holding,, he might let go of AK.AQ and call/raise with better

Even with the flop call should I have raised the turn as a bluff?

I don't know how to play very well OOP some tips might help

on the river i just dont feel ahead... after he bet he also said "so you hit your set" so he must have put me on an Ace and he still bets?
  • 3 replies
    • HannesNL
      I like raising also, and if he calls, you can represent the A and bet on that.
      As played, I may float the A and the completing FD
    • Kaitz20
      Since MP2 isn´t full stack I´d just likely 4-bet pf to 8$ and call his shove.
      You should c/rai on low board boards, so I don´t see any reason why not to 4-bet pf for value.
      Edit: condier it is FR, I like more call pf,. but still c/r on that board.
    • aciddrop
      The hand sample size is only tiny, but if it is a reasonable indication of the trend of his play, then for a FR player, he is very loose. He is getting loose for a SH player, and that is saying something.

If his pfr is anything like accurate, his openraise range is 77+, A7s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo.

Against this, you have 61.6%. But how much of this will he 3bet?

I'd work that out, then maybe you can 4bet/fold preflop.

You can c/r the flop, but can you fold after that? A minraise would mean nothing to him, so you would have to raise to nearly $12, which would only leave you another $7 to call if he shoves.

So a c/r would likely fold out worse hands, and get shoved over by better hands or strong/monster draws.

Still, when you call the 3bet preflop, this is the kind of flop you are hoping for, and against him, c/r with the intention of all in is probably correct.

C/f turn and river as played seems right.

EDIT: Wow, Kaitz was saying much the same even as I was posting. :)