BU:
      $52.00
      SB:
      $91.75
      BB:
      $50.45

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 8.
      2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9, 7, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4.50, CO raises to $13.50, Hero calls.

River: (61.50 BB) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $29.45, Hero???

CO: 35/11/2.1 over 50 hands, didnt see a single hand of him at showdown yet.

2 questions:
      1. Turnplay?
      2. Riverplay?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You could try betting out on the flop, it is an unraised pot. With his stats, you are almost certain to get called or raised though, so it probably won't tell you much.

On the turn, you can call, you have the straight and a showdown might be cheap enough, but your hand isn't strong with only the lower end of a one card straight. Not the bottom, but lower nevertheless.

When you c/r and get reraised, you have your decision right here. Either you think you are best, and you shove over now, protecting against better draws, ie, higher straights or flushes, or you are splitting or behind to the already higher straight, or straight with FD.

If you think he is bluffing, and I think this very unlikely, then you call now, and check call the river.

Fold the turn after the reraise would be my line.

As played fold the river. The pot is unraised, he can easily have Q8, or two spades.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      You could try betting out on the flop, it is an unraised pot. With his stats, you are almost certain to get called or raised though, so it probably won't tell you much.

On the turn, you can call, you have the straight and a showdown might be cheap enough, but your hand isn't strong with only the lower end of a one card straight. Not the bottom, but lower nevertheless.

When you c/r and get reraised, you have your decision right here. Either you think you are best, and you shove over now, protecting against better draws, ie, higher straights or flushes, or you are splitting or behind to the already higher straight, or straight with FD.

If you think he is bluffing, and I think this very unlikely, then you call now, and check call the river.

Fold the turn after the reraise would be my line.

As played fold the river. The pot is unraised, he can easily have Q8, or two spades.
      +1
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      OK I obviously folded river.

The real question was on the turnplay.

Why would you fold to a 3bet on turn? His range (fish) should be much wider then better straights: 2pairs, sets, pair+flushdraw... as he could easily think I'm bluffing due to postflop+flop play.

Now imagine river blanks, whats my play then?

Donkbet 1/3 pot & fold to reraise or c/f ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      OK I obviously folded river.

The real question was on the turnplay.

Why would you fold to a 3bet on turn? His range (fish) should be much wider then better straights: 2pairs, sets, pair+flushdraw... as he could easily think I'm bluffing due to postflop+flop play.

Now imagine river blanks, whats my play then?

Donkbet 1/3 pot & fold to reraise or c/f ?
      if his range is wider, why not shove then on the turn- there could be so many worse river cards that you´ve no idea where you at.

With blank river: c/c, since you believe that you´re ahead.