[NL2-NL10] NL10 65s pair+oesd

• TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      what u guys say about... i just thought... its a freeplay... how many outs can i count here?

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $1.95
      UTG: $2.15
      UTG+1: $1.00
      MP1: $2.56
      MP2: $24.18
      CO: $2.14
      BTN: $2.20
      SB: $3.19

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 5:club: 6:club:
      6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 6:spade: 3:heart: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • SimbaTheLion
      SimbaTheLion
      Bronze
      Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree here; I'm not very experienced with this.

You have 8 outs for your OESD, and 5 outs to improve to trips/two pair. This makes 13 in total, but the small blind bet, so you need to subtract a few since he may have a hand. If he is on a two pair, you have him beat with all thirteen of your outs. If he is on trips, which is probably quite unlikely I think based on his pre-flop play, you have only 9-10 outs. I think quite possibly he has a 5, giving him an OESD too.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Folding in freeplay is almost never a mistake, BUT...

...in general TP in blind battles is nuts and besides TP you also have so many outs to improve, therefore I would reraise this flop to 0.6$ and continue betting on the turn or shove if he 3-bets flop. If he plays monsters in such a way, note is mandatory then.

Another thing, as Simba mentioned, you have prolly 13 outs here, which is monsterdraw and should be played aggressively also according to the articles.
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      thx guys... i agree with u burek... i could have won some money here hehe.

btw: Simba... im a Poker begginer too, i like to comment other guys hands, wrong or right, so i can see what judges/players say about my judgement...
      its easier to learn this way... so keep comenting and post your own hands too.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Troublemaker,

I discount 2 (Only 1 card in the hand) and 3 (Your 5 outs) from the original 13 outs which makes 8.

A potsized bet in a BvB unraised pot says nothing so I just call this one and evaluate the TUrn.

If he checks the turn, check behind since you only got 8 outs and try to get a cheap showdown.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi Gerv,

For my benefit and so I can understand the discounting better,

Do you discount the three 5's (for 2-pair) because, given the board, they could easily make a str8 for opponent?

And do you discount the other 2 outs because hero only has one of the cards making up the str8 (the 6 on the board is also available to villain)?

Thanks

Tim
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Sorry - meant to tag that for you to look again, Gerv. Please see my question above. Thx
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Because of the Implied Odds because a 7 or deuce will scare the opponent thus you get less value.

You can count here 8 till 10 outs but I always look at the worst case scenario