[NL2-NL10] Donk moment of the day.

• FWKanobi
      Hi All ,
      I want to share with you how much of a DONK i was today.
      I opened couple of tables and by mistake , one of them was PL (donk moment no. 1)
      I had pocket 8 at SB and I decided after long time not getting any hand , to play it (donk moment no. 2).
      When MP3 raised , I decided to re raise to steal the money (donk moment no. 3) and he called , I decided to push on the flop as a bluff. (donk moment no. 4).

Usually when I start doing stuff like that (tilt time) i just leave the computer.
      btw , After this hand , I left the computer and came to the forum , no more poker for me tonight , need to relax from today's (bad) session.

Known players:

0.1/0.25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, CO calls $2.25, BU folds.

Flop: ($6.75) K:heart: , J:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00 (All-In), CO calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.75) 2:club:
      River: ($10.75) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of deuces (8h 8s)
      CO shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Ks Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, eights full of deuces (8h 8s)

Good night friends :-)
      Hope tomorrow I'll play better (well , actually im sure I will . LOL)
  • 4 replies
    • TroubleMaker23
      take some time to read the psychology articles in the strategy section, there are 3 basic articles and 14 bronze... take some time and read all of them... and pay as much attention as u can on it... this articles helped me alot with tilting.
    • burek2000
      I'd say push preflop, but pot-limit, pfffff... :)

Since it's pot-limit you could've called for set value with all the money, but I think fold would be the best option here.

As played, pushing flop is fine as a c-bet, K and J are scare cards for your opponent, so your FE should be pretty high and you're more or less commited anyway.
    • FWKanobi
      Pot limit was by mistake , Fulltilt lobby keeps re sorting all the time when people join/leave tables , so sometimes i want to double click a room and the one below it opens.

I think I'll use some AHK scripts to open rooms ;-)
    • Gerv
      Pot limit? Does that exist? seriously, dont join those tables and instant leave it :)

You cant push as shortie on PL tables which strips us of one of our most efficient tool :(

About the hand, I would call since you cannot go all-in.

Best regards,