This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Donk moment of the day.

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi All ,
      I want to share with you how much of a DONK i was today.
      I opened couple of tables and by mistake , one of them was PL (donk moment no. 1)
      I had pocket 8 at SB and I decided after long time not getting any hand , to play it (donk moment no. 2).
      When MP3 raised , I decided to re raise to steal the money (donk moment no. 3) and he called , I decided to push on the flop as a bluff. (donk moment no. 4).

Usually when I start doing stuff like that (tilt time) i just leave the computer.
      btw , After this hand , I left the computer and came to the forum , no more poker for me tonight , need to relax from today's (bad) session.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.75
      MP3:
      $6.39
      CO:
      $9.54
      BU:
      $10.71

0.1/0.25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, CO calls $2.25, BU folds.

Flop: ($6.75) K:heart: , J:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00 (All-In), CO calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.75) 2:club:
      River: ($10.75) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of deuces (8h 8s)
      CO shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Ks Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, eights full of deuces (8h 8s)

Good night friends :-)
      Hope tomorrow I'll play better (well , actually im sure I will . LOL)
  • 4 replies
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      take some time to read the psychology articles in the strategy section, there are 3 basic articles and 14 bronze... take some time and read all of them... and pay as much attention as u can on it... this articles helped me alot with tilting.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I'd say push preflop, but pot-limit, pfffff... :)

Since it's pot-limit you could've called for set value with all the money, but I think fold would be the best option here.

As played, pushing flop is fine as a c-bet, K and J are scare cards for your opponent, so your FE should be pretty high and you're more or less commited anyway.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Pot limit was by mistake , Fulltilt lobby keeps re sorting all the time when people join/leave tables , so sometimes i want to double click a room and the one below it opens.

I think I'll use some AHK scripts to open rooms ;-)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Pot limit? Does that exist? seriously, dont join those tables and instant leave it :)

You cant push as shortie on PL tables which strips us of one of our most efficient tool :(

About the hand, I would call since you cannot go all-in.

Best regards,
      Gerv