Begginer Stats for NL25 from Elephant (added other stats like asked)

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Just wondering if my stats are within normal range for BSS FR NL25... only 2k hand sample size though.

VPIP: 11
      PFR: 7
      AF: 2
      WTS: 20

Also when I move up to NL50 do I need to adjust anything?
  • 11 replies
    • toedder
      toedder
      Bronze
      Your stats are a bit nitty imo, I think you could start isolating and stealing more. Your WTS is also pretty low for your VPIP, I think you might be folding the best hand a tad bit too often. What is your W$SD? If it is 55% or something (I guess it's that high), you are definitely going to showdown too rarely. BUT: yeah, 2k hands is a pretty ****ing small sample, and you can't tell too much from it. Also, based on only those stats, it's pretty hard to make a reliable statement.

Would you mind giving some more stats?

ATS, FBBvS, VPIP/PFR per position, 3bet, fold vs 3bet, W$SD, W$wsF, cbet, fold vs cbet, $Won@SD, $WonW/oSD

And I wouldn't move to NL50 before you have played a couple of thousand hands more at NL25 if I were you.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      here are my other stats I hope it is enough.. Also the sample size has been increased so I hope it can give you truer numbers (sample size @ about 6k)

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Wait till sample size reaches 20 or 25k hands
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      What If I have bad leaks am I supposto continue playing a bad strategy over another 15,000 hands...?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Nobody can tell you your leaks based on stats alone... and definately not after 2k hands :)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      6500+ hands i posted at the bottom from elephant with more stats... i just want someone else to see if there are any tendencies in my stats that should be improved...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Dont open limp from UTG :)
      5% difference is a little bit too much between VPIP and PFR I think, you need to raise more or limp less. I play SH however so I'm not sure how it's supposed to be in FR ;)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I play close to the SHC they give us for BSS BUT I don't like to laydown my PPs becuase when you connect they never put you on a set.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Raise small PPs from utg then. Don't open limp. :)
    • toedder
      toedder
      Bronze
      I think 6k hands is enough to definitely see some trends in your stats. It won't be helpful to examine your win rates per position or in particular situations, but just your basic preflop and postflop stats tell a lot about how you play.

And you play rather nitty. I don't know how Fongie came up with 5% difference from UTG, if I don't misread your picture, it looks like you are playing 6/5 from UTG. I don't think you have to change that, really. And there are differing opinions on opening or limping small pocket pairs from early position in full ring micros. I do just fold them at NL25, tbh. At NL25 people are starting to attack limps, so I personally don't like limping them too much. And I don't think it is profitable to have every pocket pair in my UTG opening range, that is easily exploitable at Full Ring. I start with 77+ UTG and then add 66 UTG+1, etc. From MP2 on I open 22+. However, don't worry about your early position play, it seems fine.

What you have to work on is your play from late position and from the blinds. You have to get more aggressive there.

You only steal 18% from the CO. Try to get that up to at least 25%. Open any suited ace, K9s+, any two broadways, any pair. If the button is tight, open like you are on the button.

On the button you steal 30%. That is OK, but you could definitely still up that. Whenever the blinds are NOT calling stations, open any Ace, K8+, Q9+, J9, any two broadways, any pair, any suited connector. If both blinds are tight, open offsuited connectors and suited gappers. If the blinds are nits or even short stacking nits, minraise literally any two cards when folded to on the button. Generally, to make your steals more profitable, you can raise less than 4bb and steal more often. People usually don't adjust at NL25...

From the SB you opened 28%. That is far too low a number. Remember, it's only you and the BB - and he basically has a random hand. You can profitably open 50%+ here. I personally open about 70% from the SB and it still works about 2/3 of the time. When you are smart about cbetting, this situation is hugely profitable, don't just fold all the time.

The next thing you can work on is attacking limpers from the SB. Your VPIP/PFR from SB is 18/8. That is far too much calling you do there. I assume you are completing an awful lot. Stop that. If there are one or two, or sometimes even three, limpers in the pot and you have a decent hand - raise it up! Especially if the limpers are in middle or late position. Make them fold or pay for their marginal hand. Most of the time you're going to take it down preflop, and if you don't, a cbet is going to work pretty well because they usually really have hands that they represent: weak holdings that have to hit hard in order to continue. If you don't have a reasonable hand - be more inclined to just fold. Sure, you are usually getting a nice price with several limpers in and only having to put it .15 - but you'll be out of position in a multiway pot with no initiative vs. some wide ranges with a mediocre holding - that's not a nice situation to be in. Just dump it.

Your BU stats are pretty damn tight with 14/10. Start to isolate limpers more often and to call with suited connectors from time to time. When a tight guy from EP opens, and another one in between you both calls - you can take a flop with 67s from time to time. On the button you can widen your cold calling range from only pocket pairs to more speculative hands when the action goes multiway, as you will have position and implied odds. And if there is a nit on the button - consider the cutoff to be nearly equal to the button. When you are on the button and there are limpers in the pot - remember what I said about attacking them in the SB. Then consider that now you will have position on them during the hand. You can often raise a pretty wide range there. Setmining limpers are going to call you and check/fold the flop most of the time. 40/5 limpers are usually just trying to see a cheap flop and will often fold once you put in a hefty raise. General station limpers will call you often, but they are going to call you with incredibly weak holdings. So you are going to take it down on the flop a good part of the time (even if they call with any piece that they catch), and you have an equity advantage over them. You can isolate players like that with hands as weak as AT or KJ and know that you will still be dominating them more often than not when you both hit top pair.

And you are folding way too much against steals. Against you, stealing is like printing money. You are likely being heavily abused in the blinds.

Given how nitty you are preflop, your AF seems to be pretty damn low. Also, for the number of hands you play, your WTSD is quite low and your W$SD is quite high. It seems like you are truly nut peddling. You have to work on being more aggressive in the right spots, and stop to just be fixated on the fold button. Find the right spots to play your good draws aggressively, and work on identifying orphaned pots that are up for grabs. Take stabs if it is likely your opponent has a weak hand too. Start to occasionally 2nd barrel the right turn cards.

To go further into post flop tendencies, we'd have to see your post flop stats.

Good luck at the tables!
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Wow thanks alot :D ... I will try to play some more sessions and at the end of the week I will try to add post flop stats and see if anyone can see anything there.