SB action in HU

• Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      Hey all,

I've had a doubt how to proceed in heads up situations and usually I prefer to be the bb, because, my decision is shortened for fold, call or shove.
      In this situation I completed the blind but I think the best option is to open raise and have the cbet option to lead the action and got a % of fold to cbet from villain.
      Or should I shove?

Poker Stars, $0.44 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: 5,035 (12.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): 8,465 (21.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Js: :Kh:
      Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (850) :Ts: :Qd: :Td: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets 400, BB folds

Results:
      850 pot
      Final Board: :Ts: :Qd: :Td:
      BB mucked and lost (-425 net)
      Hero mucked :Js: :Kh: and won 850 (425 net)
  • 3 replies
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      I normally shove this hand preflop, you will get calls from worst hands and avoid though decision postflop. But if you see that he is passive, call isn't bad, when you connect with the flop you will have most times a great hand and position.

Cumps ;)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If the BB is tight you can also consider to min raise and fold to a shove, but that’s villain depended. Shoving is +ev for sure.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • zagi11
      zagi11
      Silver
      12.5bb deep this is a min raise/call for me unless i play against a very tight opponent
      As played he can easily have a Tx there. Dont see any Ax, good Kx, KQ, QJ , TJ or PP as he should just shove them preflop.
      I bet this around 1/3 (300) of the pot for both pot control and value, probably fold to a shove.