This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] exploitative fold to turn raise

• Marcinx15
      Marcinx15
      Bronze
      Villain is 21/13/1.0AF after 80 hands, seems like more on nitty side. Snowie tells me that this is basically a blunder, but to be honest I don't think average player on 10NL has bluffing range in this situatuion and don't expect him to raise hands like Ax for value/bluff. I have 2 combos of A2s, 2 combos of A6s, 3 combos of AA and JJ and 9 combos of AJ in this spot, so 16 combos I would call. Giving that my range is gonna be quite wide here it's definietly exploitative but still seems best to me.

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #37932402

Hero (BTN): $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $9.79 (97.9 bb)
      BB: $8.06 (80.6 bb)
      UTG: $2.44 (24.4 bb)
      MP: $14.83 (148.3 bb)
      CO: $10.39 (103.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K:club: A:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, CO calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.75) A:diamond: J:heart: 2:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.85) 6:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.36, CO raises to $3.10, Hero folds

Results: $5.57 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: A:diamond: J:heart: 2:club: 6:club:
      Hero mucked K:club: A:spade: and lost (-$2.71 net)
      CO mucked and won $5.32 ($2.61 net)
      [/hand_history][replayer=37932402][/replayer][/converted_hand]
  • 7 replies
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Nothing exploitative here. You should fold all hands bellow top 2P.
    • Marcinx15
      Marcinx15
      Bronze
      If snowie estimate that calling is by far the best option and spot isn't super super rare then it must be exploitative and calling here is standard from GTO perspective.
    • KatalonacX
      KatalonacX
      Silver
      OTF I'll bet bigger,OTT also bigger bet and fold to raise. I don't use snowie,for me it's easy fold...
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think I already replied this in the advanced section but I'll post here too.
      AK should still be one of your best hands and villain doesn't raise that big. So yea folding might be exploitable. But then again you won't get exploited and you folding here would actually be you exploiting your villain's tendency to bluff too little.
      But in today's games I think turn raise bluffs start to become more popular and we can't always follow baluga theorem blindly.
      Anyway, I don't think folding is bad and considering you block some of his possible flush draws, I think the fold was just fine.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      You got to be really careful when you use the small sizes you're inevitably inducing raises and spazzes
      Having said that call to fold river or fold right here is fine vs an unknown, those stats don't really tell you much besides he's a likely reg
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      flop size's fine at NL10
      I'd make turn definitely bigger now especially when your plan is to fold to a raise outright, it really hurts if you induce random QT to check raise now
      You already gave him a chance to spazz on the flop, got value from them underpairs and garbage
      So you want to get max value from Aces mostly and pump more money in than Snowie would against itself.

You shouldn't treat Snowie as an end all GTO solution btw, but just what it actually is - I talked about using Snowie here:
      https://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/44367/
    • Marcinx15
      Marcinx15
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies guys. Really aprreciate this.