I Mean, Come On Already!!!!!!!!!!

• dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      day after day now every single time i have a hand it ends up 2nd best, the position that always loses most in poker!!!!!! i got JJ? 9x in a row up against AA KK or QQ. raise on button with AK and hit K high flop, bb caller hit his set of 6s with pp. i mean, its rediculous. i know variance is the explanation, but when do my hands hold up? when do i call with the 66 in bb and hit set and more importantly - get it to hold and get paid?

i know i should post hands, but just havent taken time to figure all that out yet. and i know i have made mistakes (shouldve definitely folded more than one of hands above), but isnt poker supposed to be playing the hands you make? i mean, i know when u know u r behind u should fold, and believe me, i have no problem folding, but then i go to these sites that have info on me and get to hear "you are a mouse, you dont bet enuff, you dont play hands aggressively enuff" - so i hit my AK and get screwed with it instead????!!!!!!!!! do i have to fold every made hand thats not at least a str8? and even those v flush draw (and usually just period becuz they are guaranteed to get beat by 2pr making fullhouse on river - except of course when i have 2pr v str8, then the boat NEVER comes). be patient and finally make a hand and get screwed!!!

how can you win when nothing holds up? ?( ;(
  • 10 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Variance... I lost $7K last month while I made +EV plays in 90%+ times. I lost mostly every situation where I was 80%+ to win. February + variance = Hell.
      Just play your best game, play sick volume and it will pass.

:club:
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      thanks for the encouragement! and your streak sounds just plain sick.

sick volume is the prob for me. dont have time or bankroll. start cap is down to 40 already. part of the prob with such a small (not complaining AT ALL mind you!) br to start is that if the downswing comes in the beginning of play, then you have no reserve to do anything. i patently refuse to play less than NL10. might as well play play money then (not much better at NL10, but still). i am also sooooo wanting some success again. had mass downswing at ftp using bonus from another site and now it seems to be continuing here. so its not just the last couple days at mansion, its something that seems to be killing me.

i also honestly believe i have more of these kind of "legitimate" downswings than "the average" player. and despite this i am a player who has cashed out more than i have deposited. but i have had sooooooo many of these that other players say "i had one of those once" - i have had like 15 of these things over my different periods of playing that have lasted weeks and weeks. and again, like i said, i still manage to be a plus player most of the time.

anyway, just need to vent.

(one other little rant - it is damn near impossible to clear bonuses playing sng's as they give comparatively little mcp for time played. that is unfortunate becuz i would prefer to play them, but may go bankrupt playing cash to clear bonus before. PLEASE dont take this as being ingratious. this is awesome to get the start capital, just something i have observed)
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      ok. in the interest of full disclosure, things have stabilized a bit. for today anyway. :)

had KK v maniacal calling station and they held (!) v his 66 for nice little pot. later was going to leave table when i of course got JJ utg (hate getting all my good hands utg X( ). contemplated actually folding just to avoid the heart break of getting them crushed again, but cant play scared (as emotional as i am, i actually do a decent job of not letting it affect my decisions most of the time - what it is doing to my stomach is another matter) so i did the standard raise and got 2 callers, 1 in the blind. all undercards on flop, check from blind so i bet out ~60% pot and late pos calls, blind folds. Q on turn. now, i hate this card of course, but i just know he didnt hit it, so i push to get him out of the hand. fish boy calls with A3o! (there was 3 on flop, but no draws) and even more incredible, HE MISSES HIS A OR OTHER 3!!! i had begun to forget ppl could miss hands against me when i get in good.

and even more disclosure. 36s on bb. 2 limpers from utg and utg+1. 36K rainbow. i bet pot, 1 caller. turn 9. i push to finish it. sure enuff get called with 33 (seriously, how many small pp's will ppl hit with against me - its incredible). but, as i was wondering b4 if i would ever get to suckout myself, 6 ON THE RIVER!!!!! yaayyyyyy!!!!!!!

tomorrow will prob return to normal and i will get crushed some more, but i am at least aspiring to be honest and not one of those who "only remember the bad beats taken, not given".

(i should really start a blog :D )
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Same thing happened to me last day and a half after a week long downswing, which made me fully realize the idea of the advice "Accept each of your sessions as a hand and your poker game throughout a month as one session". It all comes down to the simplest law of poker "In order to make profit you gotta lose less from your bad hands(downswings" and win more with your good hands(upswings)" by not letting yourself tilt and lose much more money than needed in the downswing and not playing scared when you finally start getting good cards.
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      as i said, just temporarily stabilized. today i get crushed withing first 30 hands with AK 2x v J8 and A8. how the f-k do these goddamn fish never f-ing miss!!!!!!!!! of course i win hands, like posted above, but for every f-ing tiny little positive session i have i get crushed in the next three!!! im sick of this shit. i dont mind losing hands, but i want to feel like i can actually play a hand and not absolutely KNOW i am going to lose money NO MATTER how well i play. and of course, god for f-king bid i should try to play a f-ing 9Ts once in awhile. i dont get to hit with f-ing drawing hands, only every single f-ing idiot who calls against me. i mean, for f-ks sake!!!! f-ing J8s!!!! and they flop the f-ing str8!!!! again and again and again and again and again!!!!!!!

i think i am going to completely give up on poker soon. its all fish and donks and that makes it not even fun.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Make sure you are playing well postflop, there are some good(and some bad) loose players who call your raise pf and stack you postflop.

Also, if you play out of BRM each bad beat hurts ten times worse. GL
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      i just give up. obviously the world hates me. i cant get a job and the law of averages that should work for everyone is skewed against me so that i just screwed in all that i try. the only luck i have ever had is to have a fantastic wife and 2 great kids (and, yes, that IS the most important thing i know) but everything else just kicks the f-k out of me. so i give up. i still have a little left on start cap, but i have uninstalled mansion and am giving up for a long time now. maybe i will feel the urge again. but it just isnt fun when joe f--king dumbass can f-king push time after time with 7Ts and J9o and hit every f-king time against me. i mean, if u spend time doing something for money, and you do it well, you want to get paid, not punished. i dont think my game is suited for small stakes.

whatever. sorry i wasted everyone's time here. seems like a great site and i appreciate the effort you are willing to put into me, but i am too much of a loser in general and dont want to hold you all back like i do with my way-to-good-for-me wife and deserve-better-than-the-idiot-father-they-got kids.

gl to the rest of you. you certainly need it to do anything in online poker.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Man, I hope you are just going through a depressed phase and that its not your permanent way of thinking because you sound like a quitter.

No offense, but everything in life is hard, nothing comes easy, and the ppl who succeed are the ones that are willing to do the work that the losers arent.

I suggest you find something you like and dedicate yourself to it. With time and patience you will get better at it and progress. Dont do stuff just because you want easy money, because it doesnt exist.

Sorry if I offend you in any way =S
    • dnalloh
      dnalloh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Sorry if I offend you in any way =S
      no offense taken. and i appreciate the encouragement you give. i really, sincerely do.

Man, I hope you are just going through a depressed phase and that its not your permanent way of thinking because you sound like a quitter.

No offense, but everything in life is hard, nothing comes easy, and the ppl who succeed are the ones that are willing to do the work that the losers arent.

I suggest you find something you like and dedicate yourself to it. With time and patience you will get better at it and progress. Dont do stuff just because you want easy money, because it doesnt exist.

and i am quite depressed, and no i havent just given up without really trying. i have a profession that there are absolutely no jobs available in the whole country, despite them saying when i started my 4 yr education that my profession would be in huge demand. and maybe i havent played 100k hands or anything, but its hard to get there when the 1k hands you do play you get crushed in an unusually high percentage.

anyway. nobody cares about my personal probs. i hope to feel better again, but right now (and for several years really) all i see, in poker and life, are ppl who are considerably less able than i am getting all the luck and having everything go their way while i get destroyed.

(if you knew me you would know that i absolutely DO NOT give up easily, that is why this whole situation is sooooo frustrating for me. i cant stand do-nothing losers who just cry about everything when they have never done a single thing. but i have tried absolutely EVERYTHING i can think of to get a rythm in my life going. i really have. i just cant get anything to go my way. sooner or later its just time to give up on everything, but i am starting with poker. cya.)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Man, I have been negative for 45 days, 35K hands.

I review most my hands, read articles often and still I gotta see my bankroll bleed dry. All sort of negative, conspiracy theory thoughts have crossed my mind already, notwithstanding the idea of giving up poker.

But what can I do if out of the 5 AA I was dealt today 2 didn't get paid, and the other 3 got sucked out? Nothing honestly... What can you do if you throw a coin up 10 times and it's heads all ten times? Just one thing: Throw it up again as many times as it takes for the 50/50 thing to become apparent.

But 1st and foremost in poker: make sure your game has no serious leaks!Variance will pass sometime (I still believe it will at least)

Anyway, good luck.