This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker Management - Just for fun. [NL5 SH ZOOM]

• ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Hi guys, my name is Chris, I've been playing poker for a while, feel like I could use some fun challenge so here I am.

I'm starting with 95$ bankroll, NL5 SH ZOOM and will be playing with some sort of Tankroll management :s_cool: .

Will post some graphs and hands.

My bankroll strategy is shown below. Wish me luck, see You soon.

EDIT :

yeaaa ... I'm not gonna do that for now :f_biggrin:
  • 17 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

Good luck !
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Hello AgapieGheorghe, thanks :f_thumbsup:

ps. how did You manage to post that picture ? All I get is a link ...
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      You have to be atleast Bronze here on Pokerstrategy.
      I think you can follow this link to see more about StrategyPoints or you can check the free money offer.
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Ohhh ok thanks :f_thumbsup:
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Ok, 1400 hands today, not much but I reached $109,50 in my bankroll thus tomorrow I'm starting with NL10.

• AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

3 Buy-ins not bad at all :f_thumbsup:

What limits do you usualy play ?
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Thanks for pic again. I spent most of my time playing NL10 FR ZOOM, lately I'm trying to get some at SH but having trouble with longterm discipline so will see how tankroll challenge will do.
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      Haha nice challenge! This is bankroll management I like!
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Well, my first shot at NL10, couple of problems came up, first, I'm tilting, being angry at poker, other players, me my self, second, even though it's super short session, my redline is just bad (always been), I'm simply too passive, taking x back line too often instead of betting.

Tomorrow I will take a look at some hands, already know the result could have been twice better if I didn't make couple of lousy calls.

https://images82.fotosik.pl/1023/5fce80b2c7c68226.png
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze

Atleast you finished with a profit your first shot.

We're all human and the TILT is our biggest enemy when we play. Just take a break if you tilt.
      Watch some amusing videos on YouTube, check your Facebook to see what your friends are up or atleast close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to relax.

Good luck at NL10 :f_thumbsup:
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Thanks for your post. Yup, I read Mental Game of Poker couple of years ago, feel like I need to read it again, helps a lot with understanding tilt. To be continued ...:f_drink:
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Took couple quick shots at NL10 today ... variance is a bitch :s_frown:

On a bright side, seems like I'm crushing NL5 :s_drink:

25bb/100

Just need to play 2 zoom tables only. Depends on how I feel, I will continue on NL5 or take another shot at NL10.
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Took a break from NL10 so today I kept playing some more of NL5, technically not as awesome as yesterday but GodMode still on, 22bb/100 :f_cool:

Having second thoughts on my tankroll idea ... maybe I will need more BIs on a limit to feel comfortable after all. We'll see.

:s_drink:
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      ... and I got bronze, awesome :)
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      Just another day at NL5, too bad sometimes variance and my low focus level don't allow me to thrive on those red line situations.

... but still, can't complain :f_biggrin:

19bb/100

So as You can see, I decided to stick to NL5 a little longer. Maybe the answer is not to put my self into extreme tankroll idea but rather play solid, 2 zoom tables, focus on quality and build proper bankroll ?

So far I got 7,5k hands, I wanna reach 10k to have basic outlook on how am I doing and start from there.
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze

18bb/100

First 10k hands, not a long session but I have a good feeling about the future. Playing 2 zoom tables is great, way easier to stay focused and concious throughout the session and simply enjoy looking for spots to take down rather than grind massive volume. Still, there's always room to improve, and it's only NL5.
      I found some leaks here and there that I need to work on, but I can't wait for another 10k hands :f_biggrin:

When it comes to my tankroll challenge, I took a break from that (barely even started), I decided that I will play another 10k on NL5, see how it goes and probably take a shot at NL10 with a proper bankroll, something like 20-25 BIs with at least 5 BI stop loss.

Ok, good luck everyone, starting another session tomorrow :s_drink:
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      11bb/100

I finished another 10k hands, not so great as previous 10k, variance was not that pleasant but I also did not play my best for most of the time, I think I got too optimistic based on how it was going so far and I underestimated that things can go bad even though it's only NL5.

On a bright side, I did some basic review of that 20k hands and I noticed that basically I was doing fine on any position EP-BU, both, during my previous 10k and current, although I took a mayor hit on my BB winrate and this is mostly related to my cold calling vs steal.

So to summarize, I got stuff to improve like increase 4bets, squeezes, some valuebets etc but mainly I will just continue my straight forward game and focus mostly on improving my BB defence. Simple as that.

My current bankroll is $196 (got $10 for starcoins) and I will go for another 10k on NL5.

Good luck everyone, see You soon.