This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Ajs on bubble

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      I am on bubble with 2 regs, SB position and holding AJs. Both opponents are regs, BB is a good reg but a little bit tight with stats VPIP 29.4 PFR 18.4 and BTN is very bad reg with fishy stats - VPIP 45 PFR 32.1.
      BTN shoves and I have a decision to make, at first it looks easy one - just call as I am pretty strong here with AJs vs fish. I ran this hand through SNG wiz and it also shows it is a call. However, I know that SNG wiz is not always the answer so I would like to hear your thoughts. You should say it is easy call but the thing why I am doubting about call because this reg-fish tended to just minraise a lot, he didn't shove at all until this hand. And so recently I and the big stack was making some allin resteals vs him which he didn't call. So my question before calling was - does he shoves because he have got some monster or because he is just tired of (? idk if this is right in english, if not then u can correct me) loosing chips vs us?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button (t2,604)
      Hero (SB) (t1,888)
      BB (t4,508)

Hero's M: 5.03

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
      Button raises to t2,579 (All-In), Hero calls t1,763 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t4,001) 4, 3, A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t4,001) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4,001) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4,001

Results below:

Button had K, 2 (straight, five high).
      Hero had J, A (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: Button won t4,001
  • 5 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      That is a good call in my book. :f_frown: You will be ahead of his range most of the time.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      As short stack a call seems alright or the pusher played extreme tight and is afraid for the bubble.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Silver
      I also like the call
    • nutural
      nutural
      Bronze
      don't doubt your call here.
      Actually your note about mraise/fold that he does, is justifying it even more as that probably means that he either would have widen his push range or locked him down completely.

this cannot be a bad call unless he is a 6/6 nit for example.
    • saramc
      saramc
      Bronze
      9 times out of 10 it's an easy call and most likely garenteed to be a head and you might not get a better opportunity to get your chips in but on the bubble with tournament safety at risk and so close to the money its probably not worth the gamble it might sound crazy but I would probably consider folding Ak in that position so I wasnt flipping for tournament safety on th bubble, it's all about hitting that money 😀