Couple of questions?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Been taking a huge hit since I started here with the bonus, can't believe the beats I'm getting lately, and I have a couple of questions I would like to ask...

First, because of the hit on the BR, I'm considering moving down in limits to .02/.04 or even .01/.02 NL just to try to rebuild it a bit. That, and its the last thing I can do effectively without reloading, but if I must reload, I will

Second, I was toying with .01/.02 NL last night and had Elephant running, but for some reason, it didn't collect any data. Not sure if it doesn't recognize the limit or if something else is wrong, but it didn't collect a thing all session.

Third, I believe if I reload, it voids the bonus clearing...is this correct? Having a lot of trouble with the SSS and thought maybe I should turn to BSS. I just find SSS suckouts to be massively swingy and the beats really hurt the BR.

Finally, if I do move to lower limits than .05/.1, how does this effect my strategy points??

Thanks in advance.
  • 7 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi STR82ACE,

did you configure the Elephant properly? Maybe you forgot to set your poker client location.
      Concerning the reload: it depends on the site you are playing. On partypoker for instance your bonus would void the bonus. But I'm not a 100% sure.
      You shouldn't be worried about strategypoints at the moment. Just try to build a bankroll and try to enhance your play. You will stay bronze but of course you will collect strategy points slower on lower limits.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Thanks Chill

Elephant WAS working fine at the higher levels, but noticed yesterday that it wasn't. not sure why. Maybe I'll ask in the Elephant forum, maybe they can help.

Back to BR management articles...sigh...why can't things just WORK out for me like their supposed too.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello STR82ACE,

I highly recommend taking a breather and watching some videos: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/

Compare your play with that of the coaches. Are you playing too loose? Too weakly?

What kind of statistics do you have according to the Elephant?

I would also suggest you start posting hands in the hand evaluation forum. Get active there! Look at other people's hands and give your thoughts! Post your own.

Spend time dealing with strategy and then take to the tables.

Don't worry too much about the money or the StrategyPoints for the moment. Just try to improve and learn new things every day :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've been watching the videos as often as I can get the computer away from my daughter, which at times, can be a challenge. The videos are excellent btw...learning a lot from them and they're very well done and easily understandable by beginners.

I've been playing by the book (strategies found here), but maybe I have been missing something, some kind of leak I'm not aware of. I'll do some reviews and post in the forum, again, when my daughter allows me to do so.

As far as MY Elephant stats, I can't seem to get them to come up. I see everyone elses I play against, but it says HERO STATS NOT AVAILABLE. Not sure why?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Click the hud at top middle of the table to see your stats. Most of the time its buggy though and doesnt show them.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Click the hud at top middle of the table to see your stats. Most of the time its buggy though and doesnt show them.
      That's exactly what happens when I do click it...shows nothing.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      It shows your stats for like 1 second, which should be enough to see if your image is tight or spewy =)