This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Do you smoke marijuana?

• 37 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not sure where you come from, but in the Netherlands it’s ‘legal’ for ages accept making this kind of stuff illegal accept for medical use. That makes it weird.

Anyway, I don’t smoke at all and I think it’s more bad for your health then it’s good for you, but I’m no expert on this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • DELETEDM_6182629
      DELETEDM_6182629
      Global
      When i drink alcohol i use cannabis too, but i'm 32 at age so i don't do that often anymore and after forty no more. It is illegal here (Finland).

- Juha
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      smoke from burnt thing cant be healthy! All the rest i dont care. ive tried but its not my thing.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      It will be legal in Canada for non-medicinal use as of July this year.
      Even so, I'm not likely to indulge. It has been over 30 years since I last smoked it regularly.

I still drink alcohol occasionally -- because most alcoholic drinks are tasty and enjoyable.
      Smoking is not enjoyable, and the stuff has an unpleasant smell.

Cheers,
      VS
    • EnjoyYourWipeouts
      EnjoyYourWipeouts
      Silver
      unpleasant smell :megusta:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That for sure and it’s most of the time bad for you health as well.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      A large number of people seem to believe that it has major health benefits.

It seems funny that (in Canada anyway) there is a huge push to get people to stop smoking tobacco, and another huge push to legalize marijuana.
    • Thiamtan
      Thiamtan
      Bronze
      no i not smoke that fore i not want to go in prision fore that
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      A large number of people seem to believe that it has major health benefits.

It seems funny that (in Canada anyway) there is a huge push to get people to stop smoking tobacco, and another huge push to legalize marijuana.
      That’s weird for sure, but yeah people do sometimes strange thinks.
      Originally posted by Thiamtan
      It’s legal in the Netherlands to smoke it, but it depends per country what kind of rules are for smoking this.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Originally posted by Thiamtan
      It’s legal in the Netherlands to smoke it, but it depends per country what kind of rules are for smoking this.
      Although technically not legal to possess or smoke it in Canada, it will be legal later this year.
      The possession of minor amounts has not been prosecuted in Canada for some years now.

It is interesting to see all the corporations scrambling all over themselves trying to cash in

Cheers,
      VS
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Finally, something that's actually beneficial for humans that corporations are cashing in on. Of course, burning it will affect your lungs, but you can vaporize it or just make edibles. I suggest doing some research on the benefits of this magnificent plant before jumping to conclusions. Haven't used it for many years now, but it definitely has a lot of benefits and some drawbacks only on rare occasions.
    • Demetry02
      Demetry02
      Basic
      I am a smoker for 6 years now and counting. I start smoking a cigarette when i was in college back then my friend introduce me this marijuana and at first, I don't know how to smoke that thing coz its new on my taste but when i tried it it feels like heaven that's why until now im using it and unlike in cigarettes i only smoke but in marijuana i read that it gives me benefits in my body.

* Hello Demetry02. I have edited out the link as it is against our forums policies - Metalmonkey80
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      I don´t smoke it anymore, but did in my twenties.

My opinion to all drugs is based on Paracelusus: Poison or medicine - a question of dosage! THC is already used in medicine and people with Tourette-syndrome, ADHD and chronic pain benefit from it. Many medications are actualy derivatives of some "drugs" or "poison": The "partydrug" ketamine is used as mood stabilizer for patients with bipolar disorder ("manic depression"), local anesthetics are derivatives of cocaine, and the drug I take against depression is a derivative of PCP ("angel dust"), which is an anti-seizure-drug and an anti-depressant mood stabilizer (Lamotrigine).

So, back to the topic: Everything depends on your responsibility and habits. THC may be beneficial or bad for your health - depends on how much and how often you smoke (or ingest it)?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      OK -- I admit it -- I'm old.
      Old enough to remember when weed was the "big thing" among high school kids in our area -- we were a bit behind the times, it had been popular in the big cities for some time.

I did not indulge until I got to university, and a lot of people were smoking it with no apparent ill effects, so I did as well.

In my late 20s I began to realize the even if I smoked it while having fun, it turned the fun into artificial fun. So concerts, clubs, casual card games with friends, skiiing and all these things that would have been fun on their own, were now just another high.

Both Mrs Vorpal and I had become dissatisfied with it, and we did it less and less until one night after a party where everyone was just overly silly we said simultaneously, "I don't want to do that any more".

Since then over the last 30 years or so I've come to realize that the people I know that don't smoke marijuana frequently have generally better lives than those the smoke a lot. I'm not saying it is cause-and-effect, I'm just sayin'

I do believe it should be legal though -- as a controlled substance it just provides a ready income for criminals, who now have free access to our children.

Peace,
      VS
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      I really liked the taste of it and smoked my first joint when I was 16. It was "sooooo forbidden" and that´s why it was "soooo interesting" :mdr: It was at an open-air-Guns n Roses concert where I got offered my first joint and I really liked the taste. Back then smoking weed was "sooo cool" and everybody who was "cool" did it. :mdr:

I always smoked it just once in a while, but during my time at university I used to do it regularly. I don´t even remember when I stopped. It just happened. I don´t know when, I don´t know why, I always prefered booze. :f_drink: So, one day I just didn´t care about the green stuff anymore but more for the liquid stuff :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:

After a terrible horrible hangover (was totally sick for 2 days) I decided to drink less.... but anyways, I always prefered a good drink (or two...or three...or four...) :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:

When I turned 30 plus and the hangovers got worse and worse because your body doesn´t recover so quickly like in your 20s, I started to drink WAY less and now with 40 plus I just drink once in a while...

Oh excuse me, this is not the drinking-thread....:sorry:

But well, when I look back ........... I had a good time ..but now I´m grown-up! :s_thumbsup: :s_biggrin:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      I would rather some people be stoned then drunk! :f_biggrin:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Interesting events happened here in the UK today in regards to the plus side of cannabis.
      A severely epileptic boy will be given back medicinal cannabis oil that was confiscated from his mother at customs, the home secretary has said.
      - BBC news.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Nice -- I've recently read articles that explain how Marijuana helps with Type II diabetes management.
      Even if true, I would not like to smoke it.
      The stuff stinks even before you smoke it, and the smoke is worse.

I used to go into tobacconist's shops just for the smell -- but pot reeks.

And to smoke it, you're still taking smoke into your lungs, which can't be healthy no matter wonderful the drug is.

I might try it in tablet form if it became available...

VS