This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] TT preflop decision

• lastmohican33
      lastmohican33
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $10.37 (207.4 bb)
      CO: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      BTN: $6.02 (120.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Tc: :Ts:
      MP raises to $0.15, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.45, 3 folds

Results:
      $0.37 pot
      BTN mucked and won $0.37 ($0.22 net)

What is the calling range in these situations?
      I know it's depending on the raiser and the 3 bettor. (In this situation the raiser is 21/17, and the 3 bettor 3 bet 6%. )
      4 bet only KK+?
  • 7 replies
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      Never calling out of SB in this spot. Cold 4bet or fold. QQ+ and probably AKs. Upswing has 1010+, AJs+, AQo+ and KQs which is a bit too loose in these games vs tight 3betting.
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      I think I’d also fold here. Cold calling a 3-bet isn’t a great idea. It’s just not profitable to set mine in that spot.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Bronze
      I agree with the fold here. No need to set mine.
    • ChristopherMartin
      ChristopherMartin
      Bronze
      I remember some of w34z3l's advices about setmining in 3bet pots, in general You don't do it, unless :
      1. You are lets say 200bb deep
      2. You get great implied odds, ie 3better is mainly 3betting with a strong range, You got position
      3. It's a multiway, You open, get 3bet and someone overcalls a 3bet

In here technically You could call if You knew that MP will call 100% of the time, but still, You are not involved yet so You overcall for 9bb, You are OOP, not sure if MP will call.

It's a fold.

What's a calling range here ? I'm not an expert but probably AKs, QQ+, depends on a situation, opponents, You may flat call or 4bet.
    • lastmohican33
      lastmohican33
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GridironAssassin
      Never calling out of SB in this spot. Cold 4bet or fold. QQ+ and probably AKs. Upswing has 1010+, AJs+, AQo+ and KQs which is a bit too loose in these games vs tight 3betting.
      Thank you!

Is there a calling range if we are IP? Or always a better way to 4bet?
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      I would venture to guess that cold calling 3bets, in general, is going to be a loser in the long run regardless of position, especially in the micro stakes since.

I am sure there is some meta game aspect to it that would probably be used at the higher stakes.
    • KatalonacX
      KatalonacX
      Silver
      TT is fold,you are OOP,maybe call if MP is fish and do not fold to 3bet,but only for set-mine. Calling range AK,QQ,JJ,imo.