This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

JJ on wet flop

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Bronze
      It is one of very first hands in tournament and I am holding JJ. My main opponent has stats VPIP 59.4 and PFR 3.9. He is a recreational player and very loose fish. I open from UTG 2.7BB, actually Idk why I opened that small, I often use 3.7BB for JJ-AA and AKs, it could be a missclick. However, I got 3-bet, 1 more player calls and decide just to see the flop as I don't like to shove vs 2 players early stage with only JJ. Folding is not an option of course. Flop opens very drawy but we still have an overpair. And I had no freaking ideas what to do postflop on this board, 1 of opponents was making very stupid bets but I was afraid to raise him. Turn comes even more bad for us as every 7 now beats us as well.
      I understand that I played postflop very poorly I should atleast once raise to see where I am, that is my opinion but I could still be wrong about that. So what is your thoughts guys? Bet on flop, turn? And how big?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds 3 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button (t1,452)
      SB (t1,576)
      BB (t1,452)
      Hero (UTG) (t1,500)
      MP (t1,422)
      CO (t1,598)

Hero's M: 31.25

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, J
      Hero raises to t54, 1 fold, CO raises to t140, 1 fold, SB calls t130, 1 fold, Hero calls t86

Flop: (t458) 6, 8, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets t20, Hero calls t20, 1 fold

Turn: (t498) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets t20, Hero calls t20

River: (t538) A (2 players)
      SB bets t20, Hero calls t20

Total pot: t578

Results below:

SB had 10, A (one pair, Aces).
      Hero didn't show J, J (one pair, Jacks).
      Outcome: SB won t578
  • 4 replies
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop: JJ -- CO 3bet was very strong and in my opinion better call than 4bet/shove. SB call accordingly its stats is typical.
      Flop: SB looks like blocking betting - In this case, you were in a sandwich and best decision was a call.
      Turn: this sb bet shows me he is trying to control the pot and not maximize his profit as anybody re-raise on the flop. In this case, I would bet something close to the 1/2 pot for value, co's I see at least backdoor flush for both of you. Fold to re-raise and in case, of call evaluate river card.
      River: As it wasn't a blanked card and would fold any reasonable bet and call those little ones.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      I think you played well this hand, you could raise on turn for value against one and a backdoor flush, i don't know what kind of player he is but this kind of bet seems weak and i don't put him on a flush

Cumps ;)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      His line looks weak for sure and I would defiantly raise the turn to like 300 to get some value of him and let him fold his draws.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • nutural
      nutural
      Bronze
      I agree with your preflop comments regarding a bit bigger and not 4betting vs 2 players.
      I also agree flop wise that you dont want to raise as the aggressor is still to act.
      But on the turn it's a mandatory raise 250-300. In most of the cases of mbets I usually ignore them. To me they seem desparate attempts to draw cheaply and only very few times trapping.
      You need to stab the turn as he is getting almost free cards to complete his draw (flush or straight).
      As played, river is an easy call. If it was blank it would be interesting to push pressure on him as 3 streets of mbet is rarely for value.