This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BvB, Above Average stack but 15bb effective

• NightBeam
      NightBeam
      Bronze
      Hey, I have a question about playing with ABOVE AVERAGE stack, deep in the MTT (last 3-4 tables)

Lets assume I am in SB with 35bb blinds, but average is 25bb.
      Situation: I am in Small Blind with 35BB and its folded to me, Opponent in Big Blind have 15BB left, now I know the effective stack now is 15bb.

Question: Should I still keep pushing these EV+ but kinda marginal hands, (such as J7s, Q8o, A2o or 76s) OR?! should I stay back & fold these hands?? I know math says push thats why its EV+, but since I am above average, I get confused, dont know what is the best move....
  • 4 replies
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      Good question -- let's wait someone who knows it reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I think it depends how aggressive the BB is. If he’s tight I would min raise/fold and if he’s a more aggressive player I would push more. Also, the antes could influence the pushing range as well. If you have an 10% ante I would push tighter then with an ante of 15% or 20%.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NightBeam
      NightBeam
      Bronze
      Hi, Thanks for reply

and how would u play same spot BUT Big Blind Player have 12BB left and Hero in SB is 30BB?? in with slow structure MTT and 10% ante
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Then I would earlier push then in example 1, because you now playing 12bb effective, but still it depends per player if I min raise or shove here.