Trash Hands/Blind defence

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Not sure if this is a stupid question but I was looking at my graph of trash hands (everything except broadway, pairs and suited connectors)

It is pretty much a straight line sloping down. Suggesting that I never play anything with these hands and just lose the blinds.

- Is this the best way to play these hands?
      - Should I sometimes defend my blinds with trash?

I am losing around 14BB/100 with them. Is this just a generic 'leak' that we ignore because any other method leaks more?

I play FR, NL10 (soon NL25) in a TAG style and am trying to reduce as many leaks as possible before moving up the limits.
  • 3 replies
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I have the same thing as you. I never defend my blinds if i've been raised 3x BB or more and I'm holding rags.

The thing that might make us difference is I put pressure on blinds with rags, and I make my money back and more by being the aggressor.

Sometimes you will be lucky enough to have someone get annoyed with you and push back with thier rags. This is when you make huge profit if they are pushing back and your holding monsters.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Defending the blinds with trash is a bad idea. The original raiser knows he will be in position and is therefore more inclined to call your reraise. If you want to play trash or just to mix it up and generate a loose image once in a while, defend your button with trash. The original raiser is much more likely to fold knowing his bad position, plus you have a very easy cbet if he calls and checks the flop.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      Not sure if this is a stupid question but I was looking at my graph of trash hands (everything except broadway, pairs and suited connectors)

It is pretty much a straight line sloping down. Suggesting that I never play anything with these hands and just lose the blinds.

- Is this the best way to play these hands?
      - Should I sometimes defend my blinds with trash?

I am losing around 14BB/100 with them. Is this just a generic 'leak' that we ignore because any other method leaks more?

I play FR, NL10 (soon NL25) in a TAG style and am trying to reduce as many leaks as possible before moving up the limits.
      I think this is normal in poker, as AA's graph going up is normal too.

You cant win money if you dont play those hands. On the other hand you cant lose more than the blinds if you fold them =)