KK - 2nd pair on flop

• villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Silver
      I have always doubted how to play KK when the ace come on flop. So would like to hear some opinions how to play it right in this situation and how to play it overally?

My opponent stats is 82.6 VPIP, PFR 4.3. I have only 24 hand sample size on him but I guess with this stats we can easily say - loose fish.
      About this situation - preflop is standard, flop is bad for me and I am OOP so I decide to check/fold as there could be a tons of Ax hands in opp range. My opp check behinds me and I consider I can take this one down. I make a donkbet and get it. I was thinking about betting smaller but my SPR was close to 1:1 so I would have to call opp re-raise anyways.So what you guys think?

PokerStars, $1.32 + $0.18 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 4 players
      Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: 2,583 (52 bb)
      BU: 2,579 (52 bb)
      SB: 2,671 (53 bb)
      BB (Hero): 1,167 (23 bb)

Pre-Flop: (99) Hero is BB with K K
      UTG raises to 100, 2 players fold, Hero 3-bets to 300, UTG calls 200

Flop: (649) A 8 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (649) T (2 players)
      Hero bets 861 (all-in), UTG folds

Total pot: 649
      BB (Hero) wins 649
  • 4 replies
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      The only problem of 3bet is the spr that you have on flop that's why most of times i shove pre flop. You can sometimes raise 1/2 stack and bet the rest on the flop but don't do it too much.

The only doubt is what is best, bet or check turn, i don't think he has an A, so you can bet like 200 or 300 to allow some worst hands to call, Kx, low pairs... and lefts a good amount to bet river on a blank card.

Cumps ;)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Against a loose passive player that raised for the 2nd time in 25 hands is shoving most likely more interesting, because he has most likely a strong range and I doubt folding is 1 of his qualities.

The turn is tricky, but betting 250 seems like a decent plan then over shoving. Now you get only action of better and I doubt he has that to often.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • villijmeen99
      villijmeen99
      Silver
      Originally posted by Mayb3n0T
      The only problem of 3bet is the spr that you have on flop that's why most of times i shove pre flop. You can sometimes raise 1/2 stack and bet the rest on the flop but don't do it too much.

The only doubt is what is best, bet or check turn, i don't think he has an A, so you can bet like 200 or 300 to allow some worst hands to call, Kx, low pairs... and lefts a good amount to bet river on a blank card.

Cumps ;)
      He was a loose fish, so that is why I don't like an idea about going allin preflop as he would fold a lot of broadways, weak Ax etc. which he could call vs small 3-bet, I was just giving him a rope. Vs tight player I am sure I would shove here.

However, thank you guys! Really like the idea about betting small on turn and getting action from worse hands.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      But when you think about his raise range from CO, it has to be very tight, he was first to play (it's true that he has to wide his range with only 4 players) and i put him on a range AJ+, 88+ something like that so he is probably calling with alot of this hands, throwing away some AJ, 88 or 99.... there is nothing wrong of how you play, you have a good hand, the big problem is the spr and you will have tought decisions to make like this. With a bigger spr it's more clear that you can do this easily

Cumps ;)