PokerSnowie

• ale9030
      ale9030
      Bronze
      Hello, I would like to know your opinion about this. What do you think about developing strategies with the PokerSnowie at the Size recommended by PokerSnowie. For 0.1 / 0.2 levels.
      My question is why it recommends in some situations Sizes very curious. I appreciate your opinion. Thank you.:sfishy:
  • 8 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi ale9030,

I do think Snowie is a good tool that helps you develop a solid game plan, but the suggestions Snowie gives are good against a very tough opponent (Snowie). The advice you get is somewhat close to GTO. If you play microstakes, those lines might not be the best for you in every situation, so you need to adapt. And it is quite difficult to get the most out of Snowie without good knowledge in theory. Checking what bet sizes Snowie would use in certain spots doesn't help you much without first knowing why you should use different sizings.
      To get most out of Snowie I would recommend to study some theory first. Personally I like Matthew Janda's books so you could check those out :)
    • Post removed

• Nochmals
      Nochmals
      Silver
      whats better in these days ? HM or Poker Tracker ?

what do you think ?
    • la55i
      la55i
      It depends.. Hand2Note offers the best and most customizable HUD at the moment and it is free for limits under NL25. It is also the best tool for population analysis. The problem is that creating a HUD takes some time and you have to learn to use the software and if you are interested in population analysis you have to pay for the Edge subscription.

HM2 and PT4 are both fine and I don't think you can say one would be significantly better than the other, so it comes down to preference. But now HM3 will be released soon (if it is not released already), so that might be a better option.
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• ale9030
      ale9030
      Bronze
      Which one would you recommend to read first of that author? Thanks for the answer.
    • la55i
      la55i
      The first one (Applications of No-Limit Hold em) is more difficult to read and the text is more "heavy". Some of the examples might be a bit confusing sometimes. But the book has a lot of good and important stuff. The newer book clears up some confusions and is more relaxed. Janda himself said that his knowledge and teaching methods have improved and it should be reflected in the new book. The first book imo is super theoretical and the new one explains better how things are in real world.

I would probably still start with the older one to learn all of the basic things well and get the more boring book out of the way :f_biggrin: I would recommend to read both of them but I don't think it makes that big of a difference which one you read first.