This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 FR - 9,7o - freeplay - straight draw - implied odds in action or just a dumb call?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.64
      UTG:
      $38.07
      UTG2:
      $18.50

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , 7:spade:
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.85) 6:club: , 8:diamond: , A:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.75, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.35) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.24, UTG calls $2.24.

River: ($6.83) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises $2.40 (All-In), UTG calls $2.40.

Final Pot: $11.63

So, this serves UTG1 right for limping in with his pocket Aces then flopping trip Aces :)

Now, I can see I'm not getting the right odds to call for my straight draw here. If I'd known UTG1 was limping A,A I could have been pretty sure of extra implied odds. Since I didn't know this, is my call bad? Or can I assume if I hit, villain will probably bet/call again since he limped pf and then bet?

Also, do I need to discount 2 of my straight outs for :club: flush draw?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Discount just 1 out imo, not that likely he has something like a pair and FD with the Ace of clubs already there.

You need a lot of implied odds to justify a call there, I don't like it since it's almost pot size and you are only buying one card.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

The pot on flop is too small and his bet is too large. You'd need 5:1 pot odds to call there, and you are really far from that. Besides, it's a freeplay and you have invested no money, so it's an easy fold.

I also think that discounting 1 out from your FD should be enough there.
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Tim,

The pot on flop is too small and his bet is too large. You'd need 5:1 pot odds to call there, and you are really far from that. Besides, it's a freeplay and you have invested no money, so it's an easy fold.

I also think that discounting 1 out from your FD should be enough there.
      i agree... its a marginal spot
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      only 6 clean outs fold flop i dont give myself the needed implieds plus some reverse implieds

Best Regards

Ysessa