This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 13 outs on turn

• Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7,71
      Hero:
      $14,86

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, SB folds, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) 6:spade: , 7:spade: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,60, BB raises to $1,20, Hero calls $0,60.

Turn: ($3,25) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,62, Hero calls $1,62.

River: ($6,49) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,62, Hero raises to $11,64 (All-In), BB raises to $4,49 (All-In).

Final Pot: $22,62

Good or bad?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Good. With 13 nut outs (im going to assume BB is AK-AJ from their bet pattern) you are a 2.5-1 dog to win the pot (13 cards help you, 32 help him, 1-2.5), but you are getting 3-1 odds on that call.

Villain needed to protect-bet bigger (even 2/3rds pot would have put you just under drawing odds) but was possibly a little scared... id say AQ/AJ.

Consider meaasuring your all-in bets. Some players can be scared away by an $11 shove when they only have $4.50 to call but would call a $4.50 raise with their entire stack, even though its illogical. Shove by betting only what they can meet.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I would give him AK-AT as he only checked the pot, I don't think he had two diamonds because he wouldn't reraise you on that, he might have slowrolled two spades but I doubt it as he would have folded the river then. Another possibility would be for him to have TT, but I don't think he would reraise you with that. So let's put him on AK-AT. In this case, You've played pretty much correct as you were waiting for a flush. On river, as he raised, I think he'd have AT or something. So I guess you've made the right decision :) .
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      nh.
      priced to call.