crushing bankrolls

• RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      ok,i have looked at a few of the beats here and even though i usually just stomach it and turn off my internet thought people might get a laugh or 2 at this misfortune.

firstly is a live game and the reason i gave up poker for 6 months.
      All stacks are around 1k maybe more?

$1-$2 game.4 players left at end of night and we call last 3 hands.
      2 hands pass with small action.

ok,now the last hand of the night and the worst beat i have ever witnessed.

i was pretty much leaving and fold my bad cards in sb to button raiser

bb calls and other person folds

flop: J :diamond: Q :diamond: k :diamond:

bb checks and button bets out $19 pot bet.bb the raises to $40 and says 'last hand of the night just fold so i can go home please' jokingly.

obviously button shoves $300 and says the same thing in a sly tone to bb player.bb player thinks for maybe 5 seconds and pushes the whole stack which is instantly called.

i sit back into my seat in astonishment as i see bb flip over A :diamond: 3 :diamond: and button just looks and says nothing at all with his hands over his cards.

turn x
      River x

button flips over 9 :diamond: 10 :diamond: ,nobody said a word as a deadly silence fell over the table and everybody gets up and leaves but button raiser throws $5 chip at dealer smiles and requests a rack to tidy up his chips.

bb just gets up head in hands and says 'its always the last hand but thats just evil.'

please tell me what the hell could the bb do? its the biggest cooler i have ever seen and you can never really fold there either.this was after 10-11 straight hours of poker too.i have been playing for 9 years now and never seen a more cold deck.lol
  • 3 replies
    • Satanic4
      Satanic4
      Bronze
      You have to think though. You have the ace of diamonds, and you flop a flush.
      J Q K of :diamond: and he raises you. I would personally think he would have something at that point that could probably beat my flush like a 9 and 10 of :diamond: . Unless he has bluffed a lot through out the game, or bet/gone all in on mediocre hands.

Also you guys where playing with a lot of cash...so you would think the person with the 9 and 10 of :diamond: would know his hands and would not be betting on a flop like that unless he had a good enough hand to know he would win.. and knowing that the player would probably only call on a hand like that the person with the A :diamond: could have realized he has a probability that the other person has a better hand them him. I do not know, I personally might have folded the hand if it was a good night and gone home in the positive if I did.

I have not played cash games for that long, but I have played little poker tourneys with friends on Friday for awhile. But my poker logic is probably flawed..
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      lol thats insane.the guy it happened to said he should have thought about it more and only called to see if the board paired but either way it didnt so he would have put it all in anyhow and most players had a buy in of $100-$150 so we were all hitting and playing aggresively because of it.i dunno funny story tho eh?
    • Satanic4
      Satanic4
      Bronze
      Yeah, pretty funny sometimes stuff like that happens far to often I feel.

I was playing poker with some friends and we brought a new guy to the poker game last weekend. He was semi-new to poker, but he knew how to play and wanted to so it was all fair.

I lost three hands against him that killed my game. My first hand was AQ, and I flop was 7 2 Q. I preflopped bet, and now I bet again after the flop about 100 chips. Which was around 3% of my chips or around there. The turn flipped and again it was a low card. Then the river flipped and another low card. No straight or flush possible and I was betting and he was calling the whole time without any raises so I thought I had him. Should have checked since I did not have 2 pair and he looked like he was getting excited.

He flipped his cards and had 7 2.

Next hand I lost was A K against 9 2 to him, and last hand was another A Q hit two pair and he had 8 8 and hit another 8 on the river. Was a sad night :( . Only $10 buy-ins though, so all was good.

There was four of us; he came in second.

It seriously reminded me of playing internet poker though.