Known players:      
      SB:
      $4,40
      Hero:
      $3,95
      BU:
      $48,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, BU raises to $3,25, SB raises to $4,40 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $2,95 (All-In), BU calls $1,15.

Can I ever fold JJ to unknowns if there is a lot of action after my raise?

With a 3-bet and on top of it a BS who pushes AI, for example, I can't expect to be facing less than KK+, so it seems -EV to call.
  • 8 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      I think it would depend on the stats that you got on the players. If they are tight, I would fold.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you get 1:4 odds to call , you need to be quite sure that one of them has QQ+ to fold your hand a range like AK+,JJ+ is more likely.

Originally posted by dandycal
      Can I ever fold JJ to unknowns if there is a lot of action after my raise?
      you can, I would probably fold against two bigstacks going all in , but this is not the case
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi alejandrosh,

Can you explain why it makes a differnce if they were bigstacks? Wouldn't their range usually be looser?

Or is it because they won't fold to a c-bet?

Thanks,
      T
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Well no, because if two players are willing to put 100bb on the line our jacks don't have the required 20% equity against their ranges , at least one of them has queens or better ;) but it has to be something very weird , lets say bu shoves 100bb and sb with 100bb deep calls
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah in the sample hand I posted is an easy shove because SB has a small stack. But my doubt concerns BS villains.

I think if BU (Bu being a BS) re-raises and SB shoves 100BB on top of it, it would be enough to fold JJ, wouldn't it? Big stacks should only shove pre-flop with KK+ after raise and re-raise behind them, unless they have no idea what they are doing.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would fold this most of the time. Hell, Ive folded QQ vs one opponent lol
    • Doomknight
      Doomknight
      Bronze
      well I don´t think there is a big difference between a short stack and a big stack that pushes...
      if you don´t have any stats I´d call because it is according the SHC, else you can fold if you have the stats for it
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by Doomknight
      well I don´t think there is a big difference between a short stack and a big stack that pushes...
      if you don´t have any stats I´d call because it is according the SHC, else you can fold if you have the stats for it