This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25 JJ with a lot of action

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      SB:
      $4,40
      Hero:
      $3,95
      BU:
      $48,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, BU raises to $3,25, SB raises to $4,40 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $2,95 (All-In), BU calls $1,15.

Can I ever fold JJ to unknowns if there is a lot of action after my raise?

With a 3-bet and on top of it a BS who pushes AI, for example, I can't expect to be facing less than KK+, so it seems -EV to call.
  • 8 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      I think it would depend on the stats that you got on the players. If they are tight, I would fold.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you get 1:4 odds to call , you need to be quite sure that one of them has QQ+ to fold your hand a range like AK+,JJ+ is more likely.

Originally posted by dandycal
      Can I ever fold JJ to unknowns if there is a lot of action after my raise?
      you can, I would probably fold against two bigstacks going all in , but this is not the case
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi alejandrosh,

Can you explain why it makes a differnce if they were bigstacks? Wouldn't their range usually be looser?

Or is it because they won't fold to a c-bet?

Thanks,
      T
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Well no, because if two players are willing to put 100bb on the line our jacks don't have the required 20% equity against their ranges , at least one of them has queens or better ;) but it has to be something very weird , lets say bu shoves 100bb and sb with 100bb deep calls
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah in the sample hand I posted is an easy shove because SB has a small stack. But my doubt concerns BS villains.

I think if BU (Bu being a BS) re-raises and SB shoves 100BB on top of it, it would be enough to fold JJ, wouldn't it? Big stacks should only shove pre-flop with KK+ after raise and re-raise behind them, unless they have no idea what they are doing.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would fold this most of the time. Hell, Ive folded QQ vs one opponent lol
    • Doomknight
      Doomknight
      Bronze
      well I don´t think there is a big difference between a short stack and a big stack that pushes...
      if you don´t have any stats I´d call because it is according the SHC, else you can fold if you have the stats for it
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by Doomknight
      well I don´t think there is a big difference between a short stack and a big stack that pushes...
      if you don´t have any stats I´d call because it is according the SHC, else you can fold if you have the stats for it