[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 Fr - Aa

• Smileyphil
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:club:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.80) Q:diamond: , K:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, SB raises to $8.90 (All-In), Hero calls $4.90.

Turn: ($19.60) 3:diamond:
      River: ($19.60) Q:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $19.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (As Ac)
      SB shows a full-house, queens full of kings (Ks Qc)
      Just a quick note even with two pair my over pair has quite a lot of outs. (27%)
      SB wins with a full-house, queens full of kings (Ks Qc)

Raise quite a bit more preflop right?
      I knew it but it was second hand of the session and I stupidly wanted to draw him in and for him to think I was just a nasty aggressive player.
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Im not sure what else you might have done. Donkey-villain calling 3-bet with big-trouble cards (QK)... well, this one time in 50 he busts you, the other times he either folds on the flops with no Q or K or gives you big calls with TPGK.

Even idiots are lucky sometimes, and sometimes they get your stack for it. Id have felt a bit sick after seeing the re-raise.

Perhaps you could have made preflop a little heavier ($1.2) and flop re-raise a little lighter ($2.5) and folded to his overshove (call would have been $6.10, and you have to give credit for possible set). All in all though an idiot sucked out on you, not much you can do about it.
    • darkonebg
      Raise to 1,2 and go broke on such flop.
    • Smileyphil
      Ok thanks guys I was worried I played it bad with it being very early in the session.

I should definitely have reraised higher preflop but then really I'm going broke on the flop.
    • TheBrood
      I would raise to $1-1.10 and go broke there without a read. He will miss many flops or lose stack with TPGK. You cant play passive postflop because its so drawy.