This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 Fr - Aa

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.80
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:club:
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.80) Q:diamond: , K:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, SB raises to $8.90 (All-In), Hero calls $4.90.

Turn: ($19.60) 3:diamond:
      River: ($19.60) Q:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $19.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (As Ac)
      SB shows a full-house, queens full of kings (Ks Qc)
      Just a quick note even with two pair my over pair has quite a lot of outs. (27%)
      SB wins with a full-house, queens full of kings (Ks Qc)

Raise quite a bit more preflop right?
      I knew it but it was second hand of the session and I stupidly wanted to draw him in and for him to think I was just a nasty aggressive player.
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Im not sure what else you might have done. Donkey-villain calling 3-bet with big-trouble cards (QK)... well, this one time in 50 he busts you, the other times he either folds on the flops with no Q or K or gives you big calls with TPGK.

Even idiots are lucky sometimes, and sometimes they get your stack for it. Id have felt a bit sick after seeing the re-raise.

Perhaps you could have made preflop a little heavier ($1.2) and flop re-raise a little lighter ($2.5) and folded to his overshove (call would have been $6.10, and you have to give credit for possible set). All in all though an idiot sucked out on you, not much you can do about it.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Raise to 1,2 and go broke on such flop.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Ok thanks guys I was worried I played it bad with it being very early in the session.

I should definitely have reraised higher preflop but then really I'm going broke on the flop.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would raise to $1-1.10 and go broke there without a read. He will miss many flops or lose stack with TPGK. You cant play passive postflop because its so drawy.