Sure it is.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Here we go again...............
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Online poker is rigged to give me a 4BB/100 longterm winrate, which I can't complain about.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Here we go again...............
      lol, I'm not saying it's rigged. I hit a bad beat the other night, but bad beats happen all the time. Just the other week I busted some guy with 3aces as I hit quad 7's. That was in real poker too.

I'm just looking for people's opinions on the matter. ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Definitely rigged. I don't know how on earth the authorities let them get away with it year in, year out. I play optimal poker with no leaks and I lose to 93s.

Only today I saw a guy with a full house beaten by quads on the river (AA V QQ).. how can that ever happen? IT'S A TOTAL SCAM. X( X( X(

D E F I N I T E L Y R I G G E D ! ! ! ! !
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      Why should they rigg the game? If they rigg it, the only thing they should do is to make aces vs kings much more happen so there are much more large pots => more rake.

They will never rigg the game in favor of player A or B. They can't make any profit from it. They make profit from rake so perhaps they rigg it so there are bigger pots.

And FH vs quads do happen... Bad beats happen, learn to live with it. People always say it's rigged but don't know a thing about variance... It's so easy to say OMG this isn't possible, it must be rigged. Try to ask WHY they rigg and what they will win from it.

Pokersite also need to follow rules and they are followed very strictly. The gambling comition will invest if the game is rigged and close the site down so legaly it isn't possible.

Take a set of 200k hands and analyse it. Aces win +/- 80% of the time. Look at the winrate of aces and other hands. I bet they will be very normal...
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      are you talking to OP or Waiboy?
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      Waiboy and it's my personal opinion on rigged games.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Passero
      Waiboy and it's my personal opinion on rigged games.
      [ ] Ability to recognize sarcasm
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      meh
      There are so many people who believe that online poker is rigged. How do you can tell sarcasm from "normal" opinions? There are enough people who would give the same opinion as waiboy but really believe it...

Just take a look at the 2+2 forum where there is thread just like this...
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      why do some people think on line poker is rigged, if you play your best and don't tilt, hard to do sometime!! :evil: when you get all your good hands crack in a session, its just a cold deck and given time and good BRM the tide will turn and go in your favor and the donkey's who plays the crap hands will loss in the long run.

you can't win every hand even with the best pocket cards. But by play the best starting hands you give your self the best possible chance of winning so be a tag and the donkeys will give you their cash in the long run.