This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Making odds calls?

• NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      OK, so in doing some reading the general assumption is that if you are offered 2:1 in an all-in situation is that it is profitable to call with ATC... am I correct?

So in a SNG in the late stages should we make all these calls regardless of our stack sizes?

If we are in the BB and there are 2 all-ins but we are offered 3:1 odds but we hold trash and losing cripples us, what should we do?

I am trying to better understand making odds calls in the late stages... gonna see what ICM trainer says...
  • 1 reply
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      It's pretty much always -$EV to call when there are multiple people all-in (even with AK, you need high pockets).

I only make pure odds calls when my stacksize doesn't get hurt too much in the proces, calling might be +$EV but securing a healthy stacksize and FE is definatly better in some cases.

It's about finding that balance in the risk/reward imo: where the reward is the odds you get.