This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

UMPC or Laptop , Anyone playing from portable machine ?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi , Each day I spent around 1.5 hours in train.
      I have 14" old laptop which I use , its big and not comfortable , I was thinking about changing to new UMPC , something like the MSI 10" WIND or something similar (asus eee maybe).

My question is , anyone here tried this ? is it comfortable ? can you 6 MTT (at least)?

Thank you.
  • 9 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Laptop 15.4"+!
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      I have a 17" laptop with a resolution of 1440*900 and i can put 4 tables on the screen. If i want to play on more, i cant put them together.

A 10" is very small... My girlfriend just bought an asus eee 8.9" and i think you might can put 2 tables on it, max :)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Passero
      I have a 17" laptop with a resolution of 1440*900 and i can put 4 tables on the screen. If i want to play on more, i cant put them together.

A 10" is very small... My girlfriend just bought an asus eee 8.9" and i think you might can put 2 tables on it, max :)
      maybe playing cascade and not tile ?
      The whole point of laptop is to carry something small so i can easly take it out on the train...
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I'm playing 6 tables with no problem at my 15.4".
    • Sage48
      Sage48
      Basic
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Laptop 15.4"+!
      Most of my friend have this little beast. You might also want to look at the Asus EEPC.
      Bronze
      Can you even get reliable internet access on a train?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I sometimes play on 15.4" but 4 tiled tables is plenty I think. I'd say that in those 1.5 hours you watch a video, read an article, review some of your sessions, hand history, etc. And then the 10" would be great for the job.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      I have 14" old laptop which I use , its big and not comfortable
      that's undoubtedly the first time I hear someone referring to a 14" laptop as "big" lol

as for "not comfortable" yea maybe, if it's old it's likely to have a screen somewhat closer to a square than to a rectangular.. which obviously sucks for multitabling, then.
    • Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      Originally posted by Fiszy
      Can you even get reliable internet access on a train?

I was just gonna ask the same thing...do you really wanna b playing a big hand in a big pot only to lose connection??