UMPC or Laptop , Anyone playing from portable machine ?

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi , Each day I spent around 1.5 hours in train.
      I have 14" old laptop which I use , its big and not comfortable , I was thinking about changing to new UMPC , something like the MSI 10" WIND or something similar (asus eee maybe).

My question is , anyone here tried this ? is it comfortable ? can you 6 MTT (at least)?

Thank you.
  • 9 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Laptop 15.4"+!
    • Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      I have a 17" laptop with a resolution of 1440*900 and i can put 4 tables on the screen. If i want to play on more, i cant put them together.

A 10" is very small... My girlfriend just bought an asus eee 8.9" and i think you might can put 2 tables on it, max :)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Passero
      I have a 17" laptop with a resolution of 1440*900 and i can put 4 tables on the screen. If i want to play on more, i cant put them together.

A 10" is very small... My girlfriend just bought an asus eee 8.9" and i think you might can put 2 tables on it, max :)
      maybe playing cascade and not tile ?
      The whole point of laptop is to carry something small so i can easly take it out on the train...
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I'm playing 6 tables with no problem at my 15.4".
    • Sage48
      Sage48
      Basic
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Laptop 15.4"+!
      Most of my friend have this little beast. You might also want to look at the Asus EEPC.
      Bronze
      Can you even get reliable internet access on a train?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I sometimes play on 15.4" but 4 tiled tables is plenty I think. I'd say that in those 1.5 hours you watch a video, read an article, review some of your sessions, hand history, etc. And then the 10" would be great for the job.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      I have 14" old laptop which I use , its big and not comfortable
      that's undoubtedly the first time I hear someone referring to a 14" laptop as "big" lol

as for "not comfortable" yea maybe, if it's old it's likely to have a screen somewhat closer to a square than to a rectangular.. which obviously sucks for multitabling, then.
    • Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      Originally posted by Fiszy
      Can you even get reliable internet access on a train?

I was just gonna ask the same thing...do you really wanna b playing a big hand in a big pot only to lose connection??