Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $10.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:club: , 5:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A:club: , A:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($6.75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $7.05 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I am not sure whether I should even have been in the hand but I think with a call I still have set value.
      - Flop I am rather unsure of where I stand. If he called with Ax or higher pair I am drawing dead but if he has Non-paired cards I am ahead and need to protect. I decide to c bet anyway.
      - Turn I think I have some showdown value and bet/fold.
      - River is just a blockbet/fold which I do when he pushes.

Is this way too aggressive. Should I have just check/folded from the flop?

I think looking at his range (vp$ip = 32 on small sample):
      Preflop:
      Ax, Broadway, Pairs, Suited connectors. I have 51% equity.

Flop:
      I have 43% equity on the flop against the whole range but I assume he will fold some hands that missed completely and I am probably pretty much crushed now?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $10.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:club: , 5:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A:club: , A:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($6.75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $7.05 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75

My thoughts:
      1- Preflop I am not sure whether I should even have been in the hand but I think with a call I still have set value. ****Its fine to raise 55 here****
      2- Flop I am rather unsure of where I stand. If he called with Ax or higher pair I am drawing dead but if he has Non-paired cards I am ahead and need to protect. I decide to c bet anyway.****cbet is fine on this board***
      3- Turn I think I have some showdown value and bet/fold.***its WAWB so go for pot control. He prob has you beat after call on flop from a non-station. You have initiative pf***
      4- River is just a blockbet/fold which I do when he pushes.***I like the blockbet since he is passive***

5-Is this way too aggressive. Should I have just check/folded from the flop?***no, because he can draw out on you if you check flop, plus you have initiative pf***

I think looking at his range (vp$ip = 32 on small sample):
      Preflop:
      Ax, Broadway, Pairs, Suited connectors. I have 51% equity.

Flop:
      6- I have 43% equity on the flop against the whole range but I assume he will fold some hands that missed completely and I am probably pretty much crushed now?***yes, you are behind after call on flop on dry board. He knows you have a hand since you raised pf***
      Answers above =)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      good that you post your thoughts, so we can follow your decision making process. Preflo, the raise is fine. On the flop you probably have the best hand, so you want to bet, but: I am betting smaller here, no big need to protect vs draws or so. I bet 0.60 on the flop. Since the guy might float with overcards and is passive anyway I play c/c turn and c/f river. That way I might get to a cheap showdown or get a bluffbet by him.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar