Get your own review video!

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I am looking for 1, maybe 2 of you to send me a video of one of their sessions. I will analyze their game in a review which will be released on PokerStrategy.

You are playing BSS on NL 25 - 200 SH or FR? You think you might have some leaks?
      That's you chance, take it!

I want you to post in this thread and tell me something about you and your poker career so far. Tell me why you need this review video. There is one precondition: You have to be an active member of the english community.

I am looking forward to your posts,
      TribunCaesar
  • 19 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I'd be interested, but I've had to drop in limits JUST to rebuild. I THINK I'm doing okay, but I most likely have leaks I don't know about.

And I really wouldn't know how to go about recording a session either...I'm an old fart...hard to learn new tricks ;)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      This would be great.. I have been @ PS for almost a year and I got my $50 up to about $1k but I havn't been able to break past that. During that time I thought that maybe I was playing the wrong game.. I'v played every kind of poker variation SnG(9max & 6max), FLSH, Omaha, Omaha8, Stud8, NLFR(SSS and BSS) & SH..{I know alot of the basics enough to beat the micro/low limits of these games but not the advance ideas used for higher stakes}. So recently I gave up, took a break and decided to just pick one game and stick with it. I have set some new goals for myself and I am really enjoying playing poker again with focus currently playing NL25 FR BSS. I have been posting questions, watching videos and posting hands as to the teachings of PS.. and it seems to be making a big difference in my game...I feel more focused, confident and not playing like scared money.

NL25 FR 6 tables video I have uploaded if anyone else wishes to do a review I wouldn't mind: http://files.filefront.com/NL25FRavi/;13431780;/fileinfo.html
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      2 questions>

1,does it have to be only 4tabling, or is more (9) possible?

2, whats the deadline for this task?

thx
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I will first choose 1 or 2 of you, who posted in this thread, then those guys can start to make a 4tabling video of their session. If it's FR a 6 tabling video would be ok as well imo.

deadline: let's say 1 week from now.
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      wow this is quiet an opportunity. My name is Allan and I am a 23 year old buisness student from Denmark. I have been playing poker for about 2-3 years, but have started to play a bit more serious in the the last 1½ years. at the moment I am playing sss on nl50, but I have a hard time finding leaks in my game..

I have tried recording a session with camtasia before, so this should not be a problem.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would like to apply as well.

My name is Pete, I'm form Poland and playing poker for like half a year. I've been shortly playing SSS in the beginning but then switched to BSS because I found it far more interesting. I started on NL4, moved to NL10 in January and now started to play on NL25. I mainly play on PartyPoker but also try to beat 1$ sit and goes on Stars.

I'm an active member of the community, I watch videos, read articles and try to be active in the hand evaluation forums. I would love to have my session reviewed by an expert as this would make my start into NL25 lot easier. I guess on this level I have many leaks some of which I know about (don't know when not to cbet against one opponent, bet sizing, playing with marginal hands in multiway pots) and some I don't know about. I guess a lot of members who move up to NL25 have similiar problems and this kind of review will help them as well.

Cheers.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Ok.. sth abt me>

I am 22y old student (at the time interrupted studies, economic and financial math), the day of registration of my account is the day i ve learned some basic rules of the game. Some friend told me abt ps and poker in general, never actually got his share for me, i didnt put his name as reference :( .

I always enjoyed playing games, at pc, sports, and was an active chess player, considered poker as pure gambling at the time. I was playing just for fun, since i didnt care much, lost 50$ start cap in sth like 2weeks by occasional playing. In august I ve found out there are some sections in ps, which could be useful :D , so I ve started viewing some vids, read some articles, also some (max 2) books which i ve downl. from the net.

I ve played at Titan, and since i got 0 (0,02$) i couldnt play anything but freerolls.. But I ve soon won 1$ at one, and reentered SnG play of 0,1$ buyin.. I ve made it quickly up to 50$ and then started CG NL5FR as random ss. It was abt this time I discovered that playing more than 1 table simultaneosly is actually possible :D .

Then there was a rupture in my life, bcs of my gf broke up with me, so I couldnt find energy for almost any playing until December. In addition I used to have net connection with regular disconnections which was costing me money and esp. nerves.. But in late December, I decided to play more actively, so started NL5FR with serious (halfserious) bss.. As soon as i ve earned my first bigger money, i ve bought a new nb, and new modem, and February was esentially the first month I ve decided to play poker +- as my main source of income.

I did well, also finished in top 300 in Feb 1,500,000guar. Titans race, currently playin NL100FR and starting with NL200FR.. however I want to switch to SH sooner than later..

Most of the times, I consider my game not to be very good, of course its still profitable, but i tend to be too nitty and have noticed that regulars at my limits do take advantage of this and play hyperagressively vs me and I havent adjusted to this yet..frankly dont really know how, esp my game oop is extremely predictable I would say.. I tend to undervalue my handstrenght as a result I of course get much less value from my premium hands. Also, I have problems playing vs shorties, i never get a feeling for their moves and probably finding fold way too easily.. Also, good floating and bigger bluffs are sth definitely needed to incorporate into my game more, esp bcs my image usually grants me a very good fold equity on such moves vs these regular tags..
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Thnx for the interest guys. Let's see who else is posting.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I have to take a shot a this ;)

About me.

I'm 18 , from Colombia.

I started playing with $5 gift dollars from pokerstars and turned it into $450 in a month using a kamikaze BRM of 20 bi to mtt , then variance and monkey tilt took it back to $40 and eventually to $100. A little after that I signed in to pokerstrategy and kept playing sit&go on fulltilt mainly break even playing there.

After that I started to play SSS on full tilt which eventualy took me from nl10-nl50 , I kept playing MTT on pokerstars with a real BRM . Right now I'm kind of bored of SSS and havent played it since january , I've tried BSS SH with good results on nl10 but nasty results on nl25 which is kind of funny since they were almost the same on SSS :rolleyes:

Right now I'm only playing bss sh (holdem and omaha) and mtt with a nitty bankroll management (around 100 stacks). that's why a session review would be quite usefull. I think that my best game is MTT by far and omaha is just working out because the competition is just horrible :D . Looking forward to plug a bunch leaks on holdem cash games which should be quite big.

I'm an active member as you can see on my post count :D It would be a nl25 SH video if I'm lucky to be picked.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      last chance guys.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hope I've moved up to NL25 next time you do this... if you do this ;)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      ok, "Alejandrosh" and "TheLastNail", pls record a session and upload it at rapidshare or somewhere else for me to download it. Just post the link in this thread. I'll make the session review.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      wow thanks very much, going to record it probably sunday or monday when I fix my pc, it decided that staying on more than 4 seconds was too much :evil:
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      did u just decide to pick the last 2 posters LLOL?
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      thx, i ll try to make it asap, probably in 2-3 days..

q> can the windows be slightly overlapping.. if i record 6tab sess.. bcs at titan i cannot resize em.. its only sth like 10%.. and each time i am in action.. the active window pops up completely..

also.. i can play my normal game right?.. so i can use stats and reads right? (use 14 stats.. sb might get the impression of overcrowded at FR tab.. but it really helps me)

aslo... does it have to be a continuos session?? or can i/should i pick interesting moments of a longer session?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It would be better if the windows do not overlapp. If it's impossible, well, I'll take what you record. One session without break of around 25 minutes would be fine. If you use reads it would be good if they are visible when you use them ( show the note your rely on).

Sry PidKoker, I can only choose 2.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      On mp4 format : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLEU8J9P

I'm already uploading one with better quality

edit : better quality video, uploaded

part 1 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VW8DC3JS
      part 2 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NRJN085
      part 3 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJGEI3Z2