How does this work?

• DFerguson
      DFerguson
      Bronze
      Do you have to deposit to get the first $50 capital or they just give it to you in your account? ie if my account is 0.00 and i pass the quiz and sign up they give me 50 free dollars?
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey DFerguson,

You won't have to deposit to get the $50 starting capital as PokerStrategy will transfer the money into your chosen account for you once you have successfully passed the quiz and chosen a room.

Unless you are an American citizen.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • DFerguson
      DFerguson
      Bronze
      and if i am american citizen?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      which i guess you are :D .

Unfortunately due to the legal issues in America at the current time you are not allowed to receive the starting capital on any platform.

You are allowed to deposit your own money on a new site in order to collect PokerStrategy points so that you can move up the ranks if i remember rightly.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • NimhOfJoy
      NimhOfJoy
      Basic
      Why does PokerStrategy not accept US players, but some poker sites (including Full Tilt, one of your affiliates) and some Instant Bankroll sites do?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NimhOfJoy
      Why does PokerStrategy not accept US players, but some poker sites (including Full Tilt, one of your affiliates) and some Instant Bankroll sites do?
      Hello NimhOfJoy,

The UIEGA makes the entire area of online poker in the USA a legal grey area. That is why many large sites such as PartyPoker or 888.com Pacific Poker ceased their operations there when it was introduced. So while there are sites that operate in the USA nonetheless - they are operating in legally unclear waters.

We have decided not to take risks associated with such moves and therefore will not offer starting capital to US players until legal clarity is given. I hope you can understand.

Best regards
      SoyCD