preflop play

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      How do I play A2s-A9s preflop in SH? If there are no raises, if there is a raise and if there is a raise and i'm in BB.

And how do I play ATs, AJo and AQo?

And what about A2o-ATo?
  • 10 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You didn't read all silver articles, right? :)
      You would only need to look at title names:
      Switching to Short-handed' Guide including Pre-flop Charts

You have starting chart inside. Everything is there.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I've read that chart but it's hard to memorise it and it's confusing as hell .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Who said you have to memorize it?
      Print it and have it beside you. And don't play 5 tables then... :)
      Play one or two and practice with it.

I'm sure if you read through article once or twice, everything becomes clear.

It's really easy...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Ok I'll do that... even though I think I've improved my game alot already. Earlier I didn't really understand the meaning of raising with high cards and calling into multiway pots with suited connectors, etc... Now I'm doing better :) .

The confusion is probably from the fact that the articles in bronze section tell you to do one thing, then when you "move to SH" you should actually play different, raise more hands etc and that caused confusion. But I'll get a grip of it soon... Played like 6k hands on FL so far so at least I'm a bit better than at the beginning :) .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah, it's different game at FR than on SH. There are 4 players less, so possibility that your hand is the best, is bigger :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I played according to the chart about 250 hands and I ended about 8$ down on $0.05/$0.10 FL. I think that the chart is way too loose, I rarely won anything, it might have been the variance, but still I donated way too much money into pots and I've done better when I played tighter...
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Believe me... It's not too loose :)
      Just play according to the chart.
      READ all the articles. As I see your questions, I'm sure you haven't read them, right? :)

It's not only preflop play, you have to know how to play postflop too.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I've read most of them, but sometimes it's easier for me to ask other people to explain for me than to read the articles again. It's like studying. If someone explains something to me it'll be easier to remember for me because I'll say to my self "he explained me that" and I'll memorize. If I go read the book again, it'll take some time to memorize something. And it's still confusing because some articles are made for FR and not SHH :( .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      But under articles you have examples, quizes, questions and stuff like that.
      And usually you read articles first and then start asking question. :)
      It doesn't matter if its for FR or SH.
      Over cards are over cards in both games :D
      Outs and odds apply on both games, etc...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Yes, master.