This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Does anybody make money at cash games any more

• BIGBADBOB47
      BIGBADBOB47
      Basic
      Hi was wondering if people actually made money playing cash game micro stacks no limit any more ive been trying for years , but it seems as if anybody playing is a poker shark , and its just give some take some , but in my case mostly give, Im playing 1/ 2 cent and id say the competition is fierce . Ive even tries 50 cent single table sit n goes . And seems thats just a craps shoot as well. Anybody actually make decent money at online poker ? I play mostly at poker stars
  • 5 replies
    • Crito4C
      Crito4C
      Bronze
      I played ~40k hands at NL2 zoom with a 10bb/100 winrate. I never played higher stakes, so its not like im a shark at these levels. You will be profitable playing ABC TAG poker, but I switched to playing LAG, which is alot harder and definitely more prone to mistakes.

Do you use a tracker to track your hands and use stats of your opponents while playing?

Its definitely not witchcraft to be profitable at these stakes, if you look into it you will most likely see that you just make very stupid mistakes and those are what lose you money. Focus on those and fix it, dont focus on things you cant influence (like: they always have it against me/everyones a shark/whenever I make a hand they fold like nits blabla). Ive been where you are, but trust me, its your mistakes and you can fix it
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yes, winning money at the micros is absolutely possible. But poker is not an easy game. You said you have been trying for years but how seriously have you been doing that? You don't need to know any very advanced stuff to beat NL2 but your standard game plan should be solid and mental game should be on a good level also.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah absolutely!
      I recommend you watch the story of a Pokerstrategy member who moved to NL50 recently quickly from the lowest stakes
      https://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/44734/
    • BIGBADBOB47
      BIGBADBOB47
      Basic
      I USE HOLDEM INDICATOR ON ONE OF MY COMPUTERS AND IT TRACKS SOME THINGS. Im trying out this mid stakes strategy. Not successful yet , but im gonna keep at it. ,, and la55i you are right in the years of on anf off playing i havent been so serious about poker. but now ive read some books holdem wisdom & more holdem wisdom by danial negreanu , and the theory of poker by david sklansky. And flipped through a few others as well. Im probably playing better then ever but still not there yet. Oh and I with check out that video lemon35. Thanks for your reply people:f_cool:
    • Post removed