This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS - Pair on the Flop

• SimbaTheLion
      SimbaTheLion
      Bronze
      Here's a situation I'm not quite sure how to play:

Suppose I'm in the BB with A5o, check to see the flop for free. The flop comes down 885 (or equivalently a pair and a 5, that's what I'm trying to get at). How do I play from here if someone has bet before me? Should I bet in this situation if no one has bet before me?

Cheers :) .
  • 3 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      This is a freeplay and according to SSS you should have 2pair or better when in a freeplay situation.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi

as there was a raise before you I would fold as you only have bottom pair and you could be up against a much stronger hand ie if the raiser is lose he could have an 8 or slow played a bigger pair, so I would wait for a better hand or he may have nothing but over cards so could out draw you. I know it looks like a good hand with the pair of 8 on board but if he hits the 8's help him as well.

hope this helps
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      If someone has bet out before you you should definitely fold. If no one has bet, it might be worthwhile to bet out potsize (since u are BB and able to play, must be unraised pot). But you would have to ditch the hand if you get called/raised, unless you improve.