This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Am I getting a nit or what? :)

• CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Known Players:
      MP2: $10,80 - 216 bb
      MP3: $5,00 - 100 bb
      CO: $11,03 - 221 bb
      BU: $4,98 - 100 bb
      SB: $5,63 - 113 bb
      BB: $5,00 - 100 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 2.1.30121.1

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:diamond:
      Hero posts small blind ($0,02), BB posts big blind ($0,05), 3 folds, BU raises for $0,20, Hero 3-bets $0,58, BB folds, BU calls

Flop: ($1,25 - 25 bb) J:heart: , T:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0,55, BU raises for $1,10, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled back ($0,55)

Comment
      I don't know guys. I'm currently in my biggest downswing yet, so I'm getting a little bit nittier. Should we call here?
  • 8 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Silver
      Without to much info on the villain it is hard to say. Nitty fold, but folding in tough spots is always good for yout BR.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Normally it would be quite standard to call a minraise with TPTK. However if villain is unknown at NL5 I believe the raises are a bit more on the value heavy side. Then villain did open 4bb from BTN which is quite weird and could tell us he has a decent hand. And lastly when he just minraises it could tell us that he at least doesn't desperately want us to fold.

Folding might be nitty but in some cases it might be justified.
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Silver
      Imo this is quite nitty, though with not many reads on your opponent it could be justified, like Ia55i says. The only hands I'm worried about here that he could have is JJ or if he is really fishy and loose, something like J10, which I think is very unlikely.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      A small note: You 3b less than 3x when OOP and I prefer to 3B bigger in this spot. You can 3B less when IP.

As played, nitty fold but better that than calling flop and not know what to do vs a bigger bet on turn.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Originally posted by nitrol
      A small note: You 3b less than 3x when OOP and I prefer to 3B bigger in this spot. You can 3B less when IP.

As played, nitty fold but better that than calling flop and not know what to do vs a bigger bet on turn.
      Thanks for the info! How much should I bet in this spot? 4x?
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      WHen you are facing a 4x open, you can stay with 3x but not less.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Pre's okay in the SB where you 3bet mostly linear range at this stack depth, not a mistake at all guys.

Post yeah whatever, I actually check these boards with a hand like AJ, when you bet small you can call and see what happens on the turn, but folding isn't too bad when a lot of his hands can crush you
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      Pre's okay in the SB where you 3bet mostly linear range at this stack depth, not a mistake at all guys.

Post yeah whatever, I actually check these boards with a hand like AJ, when you bet small you can call and see what happens on the turn, but folding isn't too bad when a lot of his hands can crush you
      Thanks coach!!