Proof of Address??

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I sent in my ID ahead of time, I haven't cleared the bonus's yet, and enjoy playing there. I am now getting used to the software, and loving playing there. Alot of easy people. But before I play and build of a bankroll, I wanted to make sure I would be able to cash out without a problem, after all I'd read in online forums.

Heres what it says in the terms and conditions

Your winnings from settled bets are credited to your account and shall be withdrawn in accordance with our Withdrawal Policy and upon provision of a copy of valid photographic identification and/or credit/debit card to our satisfaction.
      11.2 Where your card issuer allows, your winnings may be credited to the credit or debit card account which was used for the original placement of the deposit. A cheque or bank wire will only be issued in the Name, and where a deposit has been made by credit or debit card this must also be the same as the name of the registered cardholder.
      11.3 If the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, MANSION.COM reserves the right to make a charge to your account to cover all reasonable costs relating to both the deposit and withdrawal. If necessary the amount of the withdrawal may be reduced accordingly.
      11.4 All bank charges that MANSION.COM incurs arising from or in connection with any of your betting transactions shall be borne and reimbursed by you and MANSION.COM is entitled to deduct and offset the foregoing from the winnings payable to you or from your account as the case may be.

I sent the photo ID that every Belgian has. Not a driver's license or something my National ID. They would not let me black out my card number or National Identification number, which I do not think is required "in order to verify the age of customers" (from the withdrawal policy page). But I complied and sent it in. Now they are saying I must send a bank statement, which I do not in anyway feel comfortable sending. I have gone along with everything they have said I must do, and when pointing out to two of the chat supporters, they agreed that it is true. I have done what they said and sent the ID. I did not deposit with a credit card or debit card, but with moneybookers, so sending a copy of this is not necessary. I have sent everything that is stated. NOWHERE in the Withdrawal Policy, or Terms and Conditions, does it state I must send a copy of a bank statement to prove my address. The only place in there it states to prove your address is..

6.5 We require further evidence of identification and age from you to verify your Membership Application (e.g. valid picture identification and debit/credit card). If there is any change to your information details as originally supplied by you, you shall notify us of the relevant change without delay. In order to confirm your Name and address, MANSION.COM reserves the right, inter alia, to confirm your Name and address by post. MANSION.COM may, at its discretion, undertake additional security checks against any information that you provide. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you give consent for MANSION.COM to access, use, process and store the results of any identification verification or checks that may be made against you.

"to confirm you Name and address by post." Ok "by POST" not by sending in a bank statement or bill or other proof of adress.

Also in here there was a sticky, by Tribun....

"Before you can withdraw from Mansion Poker you have to send your ID to make sure that you are at least 18 years old. With this procedure, Mansion protects its players and the company itself from deceit.

As soon as you did this, your account will be upgraded in order to allow the withdrawal. This means that in general, you never have to send your ID again apart from rare exceptions.

The ID can be...

a driving licence with a photo

an identity card

another identification card issued by the government

The ID can be sent

Make sure that the photo and your signature are clearly visible on the ID, before you send it to Mansion Poker."

Never mentions proof of address but only ID everywhere.

I did all this and still require proof of address? Why are they saying this when its not stated ANYWHERE?
  • 12 replies
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      even if proof of current address isn't stated anywhere you still have to provide it, you are perfectly ok to blank out account no's etc from the bank statement, they just need to clarify that you actually live where you state with these documents, as statements have dates on them whereas passports, driving licence etc don't, there's nothing sinister, i've done it all as they have asked and everything is ok.

failure to provide the details they ask for will only hinder withdrawals in the future.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You are completely right dadude77. Bank statement isn't mentioned anywhere but you still have to send it.
      I knew that before, so I had no problem. I sent drivers license and bank statement. I blanked out (smudged) account number and all transactions. You can do that easily as long as they see that bank statement is "whole document".

Hope this helps.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I was told that I was not allowed to black out anything on documents I send in.

Although on the site it says you can block out credit card numbers so again.. this site contradicting itself.

I agree and would think they would ask for proof of address, but think this should at least be stated SOMEWHERE.

I live in the country alone, in a small student room. No scanner nearby that I know of. I had to go to Brussels to a family friend's to use his scanner for my ID last weekend. Won't be able to go there for bank statements for a couple days, although I'm still not comfortable about it. Its in now way fair when you read through their terms and conditions and the posts made my tribun about the ID check.

It says its to verify your age, which a photo ID with birthdate, signature, photo. My ID completed all these requirements, and maybe I'm just being stubborn, but in my opinion I believe my account should be verified.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      of course you can black out transactions account numbers etc, and they DO allow that, once again, they need to see a recent(dated) statement as confirmation of your address, if everything is ok then why are you being stupid about it?

people have offered you their advice and took the time to address your 'problem', but if you decide to keep being, in your own words, stubborn, then why bother posting in the first place?

if you don't comply with what they ask for, then you won't be able to withdraw funds, simple, end of!!!
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      I think the point dadude was trying to make is that this sort of policy is complete BS! And it is! I'm really sick and tired of this kind of move that these kind of poker sites pull - they mess around with you so that in the end you eventually give up since the amount is often not worth the effort.

Ok so some of you will reply that this is all for security reasons or maybe as a measure to counter money laundering. BS. If they were so concerned with your security then they would ask you for ID when you register so that it can be checked later. On the latter reason, which I also don't think they care about - no one compels them, well maybe they should then introduce a limit to what you can withdraw without verification; say $5000. I mean if you're going to launder money/ finance terrorism etc, then surely you wouldn't bother with a miniscule amount?

I was highly frustrated when I tried registering a neteller account. They asked for ID scan and I complied. Then they tell me that they cannot accept it since it's not a colour scan (it is only the photo was in B/W). I didn't have any other form of ID so I eventually gave up.

Moneybookers happily accepted me as a customer, no ID checks! Their address verification policy (only req when upping your transaction limits) is simple: they send a letter with a random number in it, when you receive you enter it into your account.

Fulltilt was also without hassles: player transfers are pretty much instant and withdrawing requires no ID ver. For security you need to withdraw with the same method you deposited and that account must be in your name.

My above transactions were under $1000 so I don't know what they req with larger amounts (but then I would find ID ver. fair)

As you can see by the length of my rant, I feel very strongly about this issue. I feel these measures only serve in harassing a player when they want to withdraw and not as a security/anti-fraud measure.

The only advice I can offer is to avoid these kind of sites completely or I you must play there first verify your address/ID before you deposit, I assure it will be far easier then!
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      i'm fully aware of the point that was being made, and i totally agree, but the fact still remains, like it or not, in order to withdraw funds you have to comply with what they ask for.
    • Parasites
      Parasites
      Bronze
      I have sent copies of my ID card, passport, driver's licence(all three have my photo and two have my complete address), front and back photos of my debit card used for deposit and a debit card statement because I made a deposit using my middle name, which is written on the card and I am registered at mansionpoker with my first name. They said that I need to show the permission of the owner of the card. And I sent proof that I am the owner of the card.
      Here is what they said:
      The security department received your documents however we still need proof of address, back of card ending #XXXX, photo ID of the card holder #XXXX & authorization letter from the card holder-this is not the exact response from them because of obvious reasons...but it is very accurate.
      When you try to talk with a live chat assistant, they act like you are a dumb idiot who's waisting their time. They put you on hold forever and they can't give you no answer.
      Mansion customer service is a disaster.
      I think I'll stop waisting my time with them and start loosing money somewhere else :D
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Yeah well if you're you're prepared to cut your losses then do it, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

My point is that as customers we shouldn't simply give into their unresonable demands and take their shit. If it weren't for us they wouldn't exist or be making the money they do. Considering the amount of alternatives out there, we be stupid to just accept it.

Of course if you already have money in there you don't really have a choice, but please do us all a favour and STOP playing there!! By playing there (whether you're clearing a bonus or not) you're just making them more money!

I think most of Mansion's customers have realised this and moved elsewhere - why do you think pokerstrategy gave us all a second starting capital? I mean even if I play say $50, why should I have to simply put up with their crap!?

BTW does anyone know if pokerstars is also full of crap and wants a blood and DNA sample as proof of verification?
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mikelstwe
      My point is that as customers we shouldn't simply give into their unresonable demands and take their shit. If it weren't for us they wouldn't exist or be making the money they do. Considering the amount of alternatives out there, we be stupid to just accept it.

BTW does anyone know if pokerstars is also full of crap and wants a blood and DNA sample as proof of verification?
      i don't think it unreasonable to ask for recent(dated) proof of address, and as a customer you should feel that it is your best interests that they protect your account in this way.

just because you send in id for checking etc, does not prove anything by itself, it just means you are over 18, nothing more, the proof of address(as in recent bank statement) is to verify that it is indeed your account, and your address tallies with what is on their system.

you're quite right, there are alternative sites out there, so instead of bleating on about it why not just go to one then?
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      If you aren't going to read my posts then please don't comment on them
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ukcoolcat
      i'm fully aware of the point that was being made, and i totally agree, but the fact still remains, like it or not, in order to withdraw funds you have to comply with what they ask for.
      Obviously we have to comply with what they ask for... they have our money. The point is just, if that they ask for this (somewhat regularly it seems) you think it would be posted, or written somewhere. Yet on both sites, (theirs and what pokerstrategy has written here) theres nothing said of this, and thats what that I think is BS. They should let us the users know what they demand before we request to withdraw.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mikelstwe
      If you aren't going to read my posts then please don't comment on them
      clearly you feel aggrieved by mansion, as we all are, but the points i am making are valid, as is my reply to your post, so, if you don't like the answers to your posts there's a simple solution, don't post!