Non showdown winnings

• Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      When i look at my graph i notice that most of the time my non showdown winnings are below 0. My showdown winnings are way up so in the end i make profit.

I am wondering, how can i find leaks to improve this? My cbet % is something around 86% but i can't find out if i lost a lot of money on this. I have the idea that most of the time people fold on my cbet. If i don't hit a decent hand, i will give it up if someone calls or raise my cbet so i don't loose any more money on it. I use HEM as trackersoftware. Is there a way to check how much i lost/won on my cbetting so i can check if i should narrow down my cbetting.

Than i also thought that perhaps a negative non showdown winning graph could be normal. If i don't hit or i know that i'm beat i fold. I don't continue with my hand hoping to hit my 2 or 3 outer on the river. I see the flop in 24% of my hands and win 50% of them.

Perhaps the pots i build are to high and i have to master potcontrol some more but than again, when there is a flushdraw or a striaghtdraw i don't want to give people the odds to call so i bet somewhat more than 3/4th of the pot. When they hit the flush and go all in i give up and loose sometimes big pots. But most of the time, people wont hit their flush and i win a big pot.

Any tips on finding leaks in hands where i don't see the flop or how to improve these hands? Maybe i am folding to quickly... i don't know...
  • 4 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      On lower limits having negative non-showdown winnings is normal - bad players call with anything so bluffing and c-betting isnt as effective, so it is correct to fold as soon as you think you may be beaten. This isnt a bad thing though, it means they are likely to call you to showdown when you do hit a strong hand. Dont bluff, only c-bet one opponent (preferably from in position) and focus on your showdown winnings.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      On lower limits having negative non-showdown winnings is normal - bad players call with anything so bluffing and c-betting isnt as effective, so it is correct to fold as soon as you think you may be beaten. This isnt a bad thing though, it means they are likely to call you to showdown when you do hit a strong hand. Dont bluff, only c-bet one opponent (preferably from in position) and focus on your showdown winnings.
      Sound advice................
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I just play really TAG almost not bluffing and my non showdown pots were positive, not huge or anywhere near the showdown ones. But consistently positive.
    • zenopian
      zenopian
      Bronze
      I thinks it's linked to aggression. I have very positive non-showdown winnings and they are evenmore than showdown winnings for the 27k hands I've played. I play 4NLSH and 10NLSH (where my showdown winnings are close to break-even) with stats 25/20, AF: 5 and i'm 28 bb/100.