This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Non showdown winnings

• Passero
      Passero
      Bronze
      When i look at my graph i notice that most of the time my non showdown winnings are below 0. My showdown winnings are way up so in the end i make profit.

I am wondering, how can i find leaks to improve this? My cbet % is something around 86% but i can't find out if i lost a lot of money on this. I have the idea that most of the time people fold on my cbet. If i don't hit a decent hand, i will give it up if someone calls or raise my cbet so i don't loose any more money on it. I use HEM as trackersoftware. Is there a way to check how much i lost/won on my cbetting so i can check if i should narrow down my cbetting.

Than i also thought that perhaps a negative non showdown winning graph could be normal. If i don't hit or i know that i'm beat i fold. I don't continue with my hand hoping to hit my 2 or 3 outer on the river. I see the flop in 24% of my hands and win 50% of them.

Perhaps the pots i build are to high and i have to master potcontrol some more but than again, when there is a flushdraw or a striaghtdraw i don't want to give people the odds to call so i bet somewhat more than 3/4th of the pot. When they hit the flush and go all in i give up and loose sometimes big pots. But most of the time, people wont hit their flush and i win a big pot.

Any tips on finding leaks in hands where i don't see the flop or how to improve these hands? Maybe i am folding to quickly... i don't know...
  • 4 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      On lower limits having negative non-showdown winnings is normal - bad players call with anything so bluffing and c-betting isnt as effective, so it is correct to fold as soon as you think you may be beaten. This isnt a bad thing though, it means they are likely to call you to showdown when you do hit a strong hand. Dont bluff, only c-bet one opponent (preferably from in position) and focus on your showdown winnings.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      On lower limits having negative non-showdown winnings is normal - bad players call with anything so bluffing and c-betting isnt as effective, so it is correct to fold as soon as you think you may be beaten. This isnt a bad thing though, it means they are likely to call you to showdown when you do hit a strong hand. Dont bluff, only c-bet one opponent (preferably from in position) and focus on your showdown winnings.
      Sound advice................
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I just play really TAG almost not bluffing and my non showdown pots were positive, not huge or anywhere near the showdown ones. But consistently positive.
    • zenopian
      zenopian
      Bronze
      I thinks it's linked to aggression. I have very positive non-showdown winnings and they are evenmore than showdown winnings for the 27k hands I've played. I play 4NLSH and 10NLSH (where my showdown winnings are close to break-even) with stats 25/20, AF: 5 and i'm 28 bb/100.