Getting raised after limping

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Ok so i limped after 2 limpers in CO with A9o, and then BU raised and everyone called him. what do I do?

And one more question. Does limping in SB change? Like you should limp more hands?
  • 13 replies
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      I wouldn't have called it in the first place as the hands not good enough to call a raise, the only thing to do here is to fold the hand. A9o doesn't get called/raised in either SSS or BSS in any position.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      I wouldn't have called it in the first place as the hands not good enough to call a raise, the only thing to do here is to fold the hand. A9o doesn't get called/raised in either SSS or BSS in any position.
      Yep. With a hand like A9o you don't want to be limping into a pot since you will never ever know where you stand post-flop. If it then gets raised you especially don't want to be in the pot since you will often be dominated.

You should just fold pre-flop.

If you want to play these kind of hands in position against limpers you should raise them. This requires sufficient knowledge on the topic of isolation raises however, and good postflop skills. With the SSS this is a 100% fold though.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I was acting accorded to the SHC. Knew it was too loose... you should make a new one :| .

Wait, BSS? SSS? You aren't talking about FL are you?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      oh c'mon guys! :rolleyes:

It's not everything about NL...

» Fixed Limit » Fixed Limit Strategy Discussion | as of Bronze » Getting raised after limping

Primzi: It's raise for me preflop in SH game but it depends on blinds tendencies (I don't want to see 5 -handed flop with such marginal hand). You should never overlimp with it (doesn't matter if it's SH or FR game) because if it's raised after you (BU, SB, BB), you have to call 1 small bet in such huge POT almost everytime and you will face tough decision postflop unless you hit 2-pair or better. ;)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You are "teaching" him wrong!

As a silver you get an open raising chart.
      And when you have two limpers before you, you have to call with your A9o according to the chart.

So he should play like this.

And in those articles it says also that if someone raises behind you, you always call.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      As a silver you get an open raising chart.
      And when you have two limpers before you, you have to call with your A9o according to the chart.
      OK, it's been a while since I read silver articles, but I don't see the reason for such question then...
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah, I know :)
      That's why I'm a bit "angry" on him, because a fellow Slovenian player doesn't read articles (well) :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ahhhhh I got lost in the FL forum

Where is the exit?!!? :D

Sorry Primzi :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Top right --> Logout
    • opal99
      opal99