This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$7T HU TPBK vs overbet

• zagi11
      zagi11
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $6.71 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: 1,550 (77.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): 1,450 (72.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Ad: :4d:
      Hero raises to 40, BB raises to 80, Hero calls 40

Flop: (160) :Ah: :5c: :Td: (2 players)
      BB bets 162, Hero calls 162

Turn: (484) :4h: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (484) :2d: (2 players)
      BB bets 489, Hero calls 489

I cant really say anything ab the villain as this was 2nd or so hand of the match and i never played him before.
      Anyways i find it interesting.

-Standard call pre vs mini 3b from unknown I never fold this.
      -Flop he stabs me with this overbet. With sizing like this he is either superstrong or superweak and I just flat this which i would to a normal size bet with my weak kicker but im extra cautious.
      -Turn he didnt continue his aggression which kinda makes me think he has either a strong A (AJ-AK) or some KJ, KQ, QJ draw. Slowplaying doesnt make sense here but still i didnt want to get shoved over (really dont like that flop bet size) , so just xb. Bet or not?
      -River.. this overbet again. I really dont think he has many 3x in his range there, maybe suited considering mini 3b pre. Again bets like this are usually VB. But what is he VB there , I only see AA or AT beating me and I have a blocker and his line doesnt make sense. Shall I shove this? call? or fold?
  • 4 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      I would stab the Turn. I think its ok to bet 2/3 pot and try to get it in.
      On river I would push all-in.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      I think i play it like you, on the turn i bet for value and protection. But on the river i don't shove because i think he isn't calling you with worst hands, or he is a maniac (which you don't know) or even if he has AK or AQ it would be difficult to him to call, so calling seems the best option for me.

Cumps ;)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by CptJokerFish
      I would stab the flop. I think its ok to bet 2/3 pot and try to get it in.
      You can’t really stab the flop in position against a over bet of the BB on the flop. You are far behind or slight in front in spot like this. I think calling flop is fine and I would bet for value and protection on the turn as well. If you would shove the river you get only action of better and its again pot size bet, you beat enough to call I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Originally posted by CptJokerFish
      I would stab the flop. I think its ok to bet 2/3 pot and try to get it in.
      You can’t really stab the flop in position against a over bet of the BB on the flop. You are far behind or slight in front in spot like this. I think calling flop is fine and I would bet for value and protection on the turn as well. If you would shove the river you get only action of better and its again pot size bet, you beat enough to call I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Sry I mean stab Turn not Flop. Its even not possible to stab the Flop because the OOP player has donked already. ^-^
      And you cant fold two-pair on river villain can bet with AK, AQ, AJ, A9, A8 ...... normaly he should cbet these hands also on Flop with a smaller size and he should also barrel the turn. But ok ... It´s just a $7 game there are not many regs so you will see a lot of strange plays. Sometimes the people will go also crazy and shove random stuff there.