This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] TP VS DONKBET IN MULTIWAY SPOT!

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      So I open in the BTN and SB and BB call, SB looks like a Little bit maniac.
      The flop should be good for me but SB do a donkbet and here is better to call or raise??I prefer to call because i dont want a very big pot ir SB call and he makes a donkbet in turn i won´t know where i am. So i prefer to call and see the turn.so he can have hands like sets, Ax,8x,gutshots,straigts,and maybe some middle pair like TT o JJ

The turn is a 9 that give me a gutshot as well, and SB bet so small so here what kind i do? raise, call?I do a call because i have value showdon and my hand is not so strong so i prefer to call.
      The river is a J and the SB putme a overbet so maybe the J is good for him.Do you make a call in river?
      How to play this hand?

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 127.72 BB
      SB: 98 BB (VPIP: 50.36, PFR: 21.15, 3Bet Preflop: 8.66, Hands: 286)
      BB: 189.04 BB (VPIP: 26.59, PFR: 18.50, 3Bet Preflop: 1.41, Hands: 177)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.40, PFR: 15.68, 3Bet Preflop: 3.86, Hands: 661)
      MP: 112.92 BB (VPIP: 23.26, PFR: 18.97, 3Bet Preflop: 8.49, Hands: 1,460)
      CO: 111.68 BB (VPIP: 24.53, PFR: 15.19, 3Bet Preflop: 5.08, Hands: 1,085)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.48 BB, SB calls 2.08 BB, BB calls 1.48 BB

Flop: (7.44 BB, 3 players) 8:spade: A:heart: 6:club:
      SB bets 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

Turn: (13.44 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      SB bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

River: (19.44 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      SB bets 23 BB, HERO???
  • 4 replies
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Silver
      Hey fonfry,

I don't think there's a lot here that you did wrong. Though I would have definitely liked to have seen bigger bet pre flop. As you don't have much information on what he might have. You're beat by AJ+, any set or A6, A8. With a larger bet pre flop we can discount any hands like A6, A8 and maybe even 66 or 88. The fact that he did not 3bet however suggests that he was not holding anything too strong like AJ+, as his 3bet range is about 9%.

I also notice that he has a very high VPIP statistics over a decent sample size. As a very loose player, I think it is likely that he was holding something like A6 or A8. Going back to why I think a bigger raise pre flop would have been better.

I think a 3bet on the flop may have been good here too, more to gather information than anything.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      wp
      I fold now readless
      And probably consider a call if he's in the BB where he can have a lot more garbage and weak aces

Vs this player type reads are gold by the waym will make your life a lot easier
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      I think it's all well played. His turn size is a bit suspicious because I would assume that he would betting sets bigger on this board, so it looks like he wants to get to a cheap showdown, which would indicate a hand like weak Ace, 87s, JJ, TT, 77 and 55 (sometimes KK-QQ which he was trying to be tricky with preflop and now doesn't know what to do on A-high board). So maybe we could raise/fold to something like 11BB and plan to check back the river. As played, it looks tempting to call river, but we would probably be behind too often. It looks like he was just trying to induce a raise OTT with such a small bet.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I don't respect donks too much. I have noticed that quite often they are just weak top pairs, mid pairs and so on. Now when villain bets so small OTT I kinda like Alleen's idea. We could raise there and plan to fold vs 3bet and check behind OTR.