[NL2-NL10] AQ,. nl4,.

• 4 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      its ok to call one there with so many backdoor draws and overs against a player likely to bluff but only if you have the intention to take the pot when later street
      gl
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      "but only if you have the intention to take the pot when later street"
      I don't undersdand this..

and in this hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $1,63
      MP2:
      $3,67
      CO:
      $4,71

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG calls $0,04, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,20, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,70) 2:heart: , T:club: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0,16, Hero calls $0,16, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1,02) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, CO folds.

Final Pot: $1,82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows para asy (Ah Qc)

Hero wins with para asy (Ah Qc)

I didn't cbet here on this flop ok? and is it ok to call this samll bet?

you said:
      "hi
      its ok to not cbet there against this players
      i would fold even to that small bet on the flop with no draws for me
      gl"

You said no draws for me and in this second AQ hand you say I have backdor draws so why should I play them differently? Is is because in this one im oop? but I have o lot better pot odds to call.. hm
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He means that you need to have a plan with your call on the flop. The new article "Turn play" in silver section describes this pretty well, check it out!

I think what sro means is that you can only make this call if you put him on a bluff and intend to raise the turn to take the pot down. The possibility of getting draws on the turn (by having backdoor draws on the flop) might give you the chance to make that raise/bet a semi-bluff aswell.

I'm not sure that's exactly what he meant though, so wait for his own answer ^^
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      He means that you need to have a plan with your call on the flop. The new article "Turn play" in silver section describes this pretty well, check it out!

I think what sro means is that you can only make this call if you put him on a bluff and intend to raise the turn to take the pot down. The possibility of getting draws on the turn (by having backdoor draws on the flop) might give you the chance to make that raise/bet a semi-bluff aswell.

I'm not sure that's exactly what he meant though, so wait for his own answer ^^
      once he bets again on the turn, he isn´t likely folding, you should call flop, by thinking that he is bluffing and then he would take c/f line on the turn.
      If you call to hit A or Q, then you should fold on the flop, because you´re not getting the correct pot odds.