This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] (FR) 66 - baby pairs PF and how much to raise/bet when we hit

• pguest
      pguest
      Silver
      Well, I have a lot of questions with this type of hands (speculative ones):

$0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players

MP: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 22.73, PFR: 4.55, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
      CO: 74 BB (VPIP: 36.95, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.58, Hands: 504)
      BTN: 81 BB (VPIP: 25.42, PFR: 5.08, 3Bet Preflop: 3.64, Hands: 119)
      Hero (SB): 114 BB
      BB: 32.5 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      UTG: 74 BB (VPIP: 53.19, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 47)
      UTG+1: 81 BB (VPIP: 27.25, PFR: 17.38, 3Bet Preflop: 5.84, Hands: 447)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:club:
      UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero calls 0.5 BB, BB checks
      Line and questions:
      With small pocket pairs, if I have 1 to 2 limpers before me and I believe they would fold for an eventual c-bet flop (as a bluff) and I'm IP, I usually raise. Sometimes, if I'm at LPs and the players after me are passive, I call.
      But with 2 limpers and OOP, I almost always overlimp.
      Do those lines make sense?

Flop: (4 BB, 4 players) 7:club: Q:heart: 6:heart:
      Hero bets 2 BB, BB calls 2 BB, UTG calls 2 BB, fold
      Line and questions:
      (I hate to play OOP)
      In terms of bet size, to extract value from draws and maybe some A-high (I can't think in anything else that I beat and that could pay me off other than a TP with kicker issues or a middle pair with A-kicker), should I go for 1/2 pot here?
      Do you bet more with a made hand, when you're out of position?
      I can't think in any hand that would've payed me 2/3 pot in this spot.

Turn: (10 BB, 3 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets 7.5 BB, fold, UTG calls 7.5 BB
      Thoughts:
      This 5 is kind of horrible, because it completes some SDs.
      I don't remember why I c-betted so much on it :-/
      Maybe I thought the vilan was too passive and that he would pay me off with draws or any trash that he still had, but I didn't plan for a re-raise in the turn or a position bet/raise in the flop.

River: (25 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero bets 12.5 BB, fold
      Thoughts:
      Well, I got lucky here :-/
      Now, it is just a matter of thinking which type of hand would pay a 3rd cbet on this river and how big it should be...
      I believe that only hands that had me beaten on the turn, would've payed any bet on this river, so my play on the turn sucked.

Hero wins 23.5 BB
  • 4 replies
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      I don't see many problems with this hand.

Completing is OK. massive pot odds.
      On a flop like that in a multi pot you always get callers (bet a tad bigger).
      Of course bet turn.. If they go ballistic then you know where you are but many of them will try to suck to their flush or straight. Punish those!
      You did not get lucky on the river, they all folded :D ... sometimes I bet big there to give a feel of a bluff... Dunno about that one though
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      man, you're a nit :f_biggrin:
      bet bigger on the flop, people will hardly fold a Q or draws to a 3/4 bet. on the turn, of course you aren't super happy with that card, but they can have PLENTY more Qx/flushdraw/worse orther than 98.
      on the river you have a full house, so realistically you pretty much only lose to 77 (55 shouldn't call flop and QQ should raise at some point). sizing is whatever, i go a bit bigger
    • la55i
      la55i
      Pre is fine.

OTF I would go bigger. And no I don't go bigger with made hands when OOP but I go bigger when I have a strong hand, the board is wet and I'm playing against multiple recreational players who are not aware of the pot odds or anything.

Yes turn completes some straight draws. But it also opens some new ones. And flush draws are still there. And even if villain would have a straight you have full house outs.

I believe that only hands that had me beaten on the turn, would've payed any bet on this river, so my play on the turn sucked.
      I'm not sure if I get that logic. Because draws miss and you hit the nuts and villains don't have many hands they can call with, it means your turn bet was bad?
    • MrQNo
      MrQNo
      Bronze
      It is good that you bet the flop in an unraised pot. But you should bet bigger. There are some draws, and you want to give them the wrong odds. Additionally, there are two opponents.

Turn is fine. Otr, i would bet more. On higher stakes, you should carefully consider your bet size. But this is NL2, and an opponent who calls half pot calls 3/4 pot also.