UTG ($12.75)
      UTG+1 ($50.00)
      Hero (CO) ($57.25)
      BTN ($27.45)
      SB ($47.00)
      BB ($18.85)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is CO K:spade: K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: 8:spade: 5:heart: 9:heart: ($4.50, 3 players)
      SB bets $2, BB goes all-in $17.35, Hero goes all-in $55.75

SB is a real nit: 15/11/2.0
      BB is 76/12/2.0

So problem is not if I want to get it allin against the BB-donk... but I'm a bit worried about SB's donkbet... but considering there's a nice amount of dead money in there I decided to stick it in...
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nice hand, well played.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      Yeah, a nit playing those kind of stats definitely has a lot more PP in his SB defending range than anything else. There are a lot of two pair hands and a possible straight on this kind of board, but I don't think you should be worried about the SB playing those kind of combination hands cuz its basically automuck pre for him. The hands that you can beat are only tens and jacks.

I don't know why you're not worried about the 70VPIP fish. It seems less likely that he's pushing with a draw with a 2.0AF. I think most of the time when the loose passive fish bets, you should just stay away unless you have something stronger than a one pair type of hand. OK. Sorry I didn't see stacksizes. I'm never folding KK for less than 40BB on any kind of board.

The isolation raise here might not be that necessary here because the nit is not calling with worst hands and a draw is just a really small percentage of his range except some gutters such as 66 and 77. Cold calling could allow you to fold to a shove from the nit but I don't know if he's goign to be pushing you off with worst hands such as TT and JJ.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      If I call his bet and he shoves..pot will be like $84.70 and I need to call $28 that's like 3:1... Can't find a fold button ever then, can I?
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zeffke
      If I call his bet and he shoves..pot will be like $84.70 and I need to call $28 that's like 3:1... Can't find a fold button ever then, can I?
      don't know dude.. this is such a sick and tough spot for you. I think its a really close one depending on your read and maybe some previous history. Plus I'm just saying not isolating the SB is just another option... but after your pot odds argument, I think the isolation raise here and folding out TT and JJ is better than getting shoved on and having to make a difficult decision.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You should have SB beat.

He is betting half pot into 3-way action on a very wet board. Anyone who has a set will bet pot.

Easy shove imo.

Cold-calling is out of the question since your giving SB odds to call on draws
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Seems standard.
      BB has there a lot of times top pair or draw and I won´t really consider that much sb lead out on the flop.
      When you call then you really don´t want to see sb shove (which he could easily do for example with draw) and you really don´t like to see a lot of turn and river cards.